Help Please: Problem BSD Subsystem

mscorpio

Jan 12, 2008
First of all I want to thank themanofthedark for his Big help for me,, we did a full upgrade, jailbreaking and unlocking the iPhone which is 1.1.2 OTB without using X-sim, using the AIM Messenger.I don’t believe a person could be so patient and smart as he is in the iPhone thing.

Before, I use normal jailbreak (download to 1.1.1 and upgrade again) and I think the BSD subsystem (program in the installeràsystem) I use to have is 1.5 Ver which is 6.6MB & was working perfect, now after we jailbreak and unlock the phone again using ZiPhone method with the help of themanofthedark, the BSd Subsystem I have now is 2.1 Ver, & 5.1MB.

when I download this program using WIFI it doesn’t work it says:
Cant find host” or “package download failed:oops:

Did any one faced this thing before..? is there any way I can download this program on iPhone using wifi or iTunes?
Please help and advice.

Best regards,
Mahmoud

Last edited by a moderator:

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
I also was getting the error during the download. Another posts suggested that I use the refresh sources tab in installer. I did that and performed an update, then retired the download (after clearing the queue) and it downloaded no problem.

Give it a shot. Hope this helps.

-S

mscorpio

Jan 12, 2008
this thing really works, thanks a millions.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
you got BSD working now, didn't you?

there are actually really easy ways to make ringtines.

here is an easy one

choose song in iTunes,
right click, and press convert to acc,
press on the newly created file, right click, press "show in explorer"
and then rename the file from .m4a to .m4r

next, use ibrickr to put this m4r file in /system/library/ringtones (I can't remember exact path, but I thin it is that.)

enjoy - they will appear in iPhone.