Help... PLEASE!!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Atlas

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
Synched my month old unmodded iPhone this am and iTunes tells me there is a software update to 1.1.2
I go through the iTunes prompts and get an error code 1602 and my phone freezes with an image of a docking cable with an arrow pointing towards the iTunes logo?

The phone will not turn on or synch with iTunes. What the hell?
I thought there was no trouble with going through iTunes and the phone is not modified, hacked or "freed" or whatever in any way.

Atlas

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
Thanks RIP. Unfortunately it shows the Apple logo then goes back to that screen mentioned above. Of course the Apple store I bought it at is closed for rennovations!

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I have had this with the last two updates. It is very frustrating to never mod or hack or touch the phone and yet get all these errors when updating the OS. It also cause loss of data if you have not synced before you update and get kicked into this forced to restore mode.

I got the same thing but with errors 1603 and 1604.

With the previous update I got through to Apple and they walked me through some things. With the 1.1.2 the other night, they were not answering so I just tried some of the same things.

Here's a list of the things we tried which finally worked to get a restore and then an install of the new 1.1.2

1. the hard reset of the phone -- try his several times, with the phone attached and not attached
2. directly attach the phone with the USB cable;e, not using the dock
3. Try different USB ports on the Mac
4. Restart the entire Mac with and without the phone attached.

Variouis combinations of above.

********BE SURE TO SYNC and download your photos before updating***********
and also email your Notes to yourself -- the rest of data seems to get backed up when you sync.......

Atlas

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
Thanks guys. Finally got it. Did the reset several times while connected and finally connected. Had to do a complete restore. Everything reloaded, including all old emails and voicemails :(. It also updated to 1.1.2

Only odd thing is that now it won't send email from my optonline acct. It receives but when I send it says it can't find server.

Any ideas? Anyone have the optonline settings handy? Can't find the ones I had written down.

I'll search later when I have more time.