help plzzzz Warranty Repair

emin187

Feb 29, 2008
Im hoping someone can help me

Im from london

My friend got me a iPhone 1.1.2 from U.S.A and the vibrate button just stop working. i have receipts and box.
Can i take it to Apple store for Warranty Repair ?

The iPhone is jailbrocken
So i don't no what to tell them if they ask how you using this in UK. any ideas of what i can do

i also just went Apple website put my serial num.

i have a feeling im screwed. this is what it sed

Warranty information about your iPhoneOur records indicate this product has not been activated. Learn how to activate your iPhone. Please note that warranty service is not dependent on activating your iPhone. For more information, please contact us.

please any advice on what i can do

Last edited by a moderator:

emin187

Feb 29, 2008
I don't think they'll replace your phone. The warranty is already voided.

i think they will only had the iPhone for 3mth looks fine like its never been used got the box and everythink i restored back also 1.1.4

il just make up some bullshit. il let you know what happens make your bets

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
i think they will only had the iPhone for 3mth looks fine like its never been used got the box and everythink i restored back also 1.1.4

il just make up some bullshit. il let you know what happens make your bets
It's not the unlocking or jailbreaking that voided the warranty. It's that the phone was not activated in the US. Once the phone leaves the US, they know you've unlocked it to use it. All they have to do is check the serial number.

I hope it works for you though. Maybe you'll get a sympathetic clerk at the Apple store.