Help - Problem Seeing Texts on iPhone 4 - Appt today - Worth it or Not?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by EverythingApple, Jan 8, 2014.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

My friend told me that he can't see any texts on the iPhone 4, it's just a blank screen. he can hear them come it, but he needs to hard reset the phone every time.

I need to look at the phone, I think he might have the settings messed up and I think he might not be hard resetting, but un-sleeping the phone with the power button.

He also claims that the 30 -pin charger isn't working right. I told him there might be lint in the port, as that was the problem with my iPhone 5.

Are these issues something that Apple can look at? Will they do anything since it's the 4 and they don't sell them anymore?

Please advise ASAP, as I made an appt for him at the Apple store today and don't want to waste a trip.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Always go through the troubleshooting steps (which end with a restore to factory settings) prior to taking it to Apple. You can save a trip most of the time.

3. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Thank you! I haven't had a chance to meet with him. He had a family emergency and I had to cancel the appt. If I have to do all the step, I will. I don't think he will be able to figure it out. I had to show him how to turn off the LED flash every time the phone rang. lol