Help...problems with dock background

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
I've been trying to replace my dock background where ipod, safari, mail, etc icons are. First I went into System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/
then putfile SBDockBG2.png

After restarting, I have nothing but a black background, it seems like it just took away the original background. My icons are still there. Am I missing something? Do I need to do something else?

Please help. :mad:

Thanks!

Jul 27, 2007
I've been trying to replace my dock background where ipod, safari, mail, etc icons are. First I went into System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/
then putfile SBDockBG2.png

After restarting, I have nothing but a black background, it seems like it just took away the original background. My icons are still there. Am I missing something? Do I need to do something else?

Please help. :mad:

Thanks!
How large is the image? And what color is it?

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
not really sure what size but someone already successfuly loaded onto their iPhone. see below link under "hawaiian theme" i got the background in the phone but not the dock. do you think maybe has to do with psd file extension vs png? I changed the extension to png. By the way, I'm on a mac. Thanks.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=12&page=2

reebs

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
nevermind, fixed it. had to covert psd to png file not just changing extension on my mac!