Help. Review and comment

xman

Bronze
Jun 9, 2008
orlando,fl
Last week I used my wife's iPhone 4 eligibility to order a iPhone 5 for me. She will get my 4s.

Now I ordered from AT&T online and I believe it will come with her number rather then mine.

Someone on the forum mentioned that when you start the 5 , it asks you whether you want the number that is on the sim card or another. I chose another (mine).

So as the time gets closer, I'm trying to prepare for the swap

If you see any problems, please let me know. Thanks

iPhone4 to 4s to 5 plan

1. Backup sync 4 to wifes session

2. Backup sync 4s to my iTunes session

3. Restore my 4s
Remove sim card

4. Take sim from wife's 4 and put in 4s
4. Sync 4s to wife's session

5.Start iPhone 5
Chose to use another number rather then one that comes on the phone from AT&T wireless. Use. 407 929 1115

6.sync iPhone 5 with my session

Done

nikkisixx102

Android Killer
Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
From what I can remember, I never saw the option to use a different number? I'm not sure though.

Deke736

Bronze
Jul 24, 2008
Near St. Louis, MO
There is no option to change the phone number to yours when activating it. You'll have to contact AT&T to have them switch the sim to your number.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
I just did the same thing from Verizon. I restored my old phone to give my son from his iCloud backup. His phone number was properly activated. Don't know if AT&T is the sme.

nikkisixx102

Android Killer
Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
^Good article. Besides that, I believe your plan will get both you and your wife up and running. I actually just did this, except I got to upgrade this time, so mine was up and running out of the box. :) You're going to love it!