Help! Screen not working

iLLWiLL7

May 13, 2008
It works on the springboard, but once I click on any app the screen won't respond to touch so I can't make any phone calls, text, etc. Can someone please help I really want to avoid restoring because I don't want to loose all my stuff.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Have you tried just a hard and soft restart, and if so, then you will probably have to restore. Are you jailbroken?

iLLWiLL7

May 13, 2008
Yes I'm jailbroken, I tried both restarts and nothing also when I lock the phone it just dims the lock screen instead of going all black. I guess I'll just restore unless someone has any other ideas. Thanks.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
I'm not sure you will lose all your jailbroken apps and things? You would have to ask someone who knows about the jailbroken side of iPhone.

thepunisher1991

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
It works on the springboard, but once I click on any app the screen won't respond to touch so I can't make any phone calls, text, etc. Can someone please help I really want to avoid restoring because I don't want to loose all my stuff.

there is no other option than to restore that is all you can do i had the same problem and the only thing that fised mine was to restore and start all over again..
what might of caused this is by installing apps from untrusted sources so if you don't want to have this problem again download only the apps that you really use :laugh2:

thepunisher1991

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
hey

there is no other option than to restore that is all you can do i had the same problem and the only thing that fised mine was to restore and start all over again..
what might of caused this is by installing apps from untrusted sources so if you don't want to have this problem again download only the apps that you really use :laugh2:

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Yes I'm jailbroken, I tried both restarts and nothing also when I lock the phone it just dims the lock screen instead of going all black. I guess I'll just restore unless someone has any other ideas. Thanks.
Mine has done that before. Try restarting the phone and if it keeps doing that, like mine did, youre going to have to restore.

iLLWiLL7

May 13, 2008
Thanks Pun, Yeah I kinda figured that so I went ahead and restored :mad:. The way it looks right now after restore all I can say is wow. Oh well back to square one.