help sending a pic in a text

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 15, 2007
Hi Everyone, great site, i just found it, yaaay. I need help with attatching a picture to a text...please tell me this can be done! Also, customizing my phone...is where the icons are set in stone? Only have had my phone for a week but am loving it!

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
you can't attach a pic to a text since there is no mms messaging only SMS.... And for the icons you can download ibrickr at www.ibricker.com and use it to install the installer app and customize then icon packs or do the same thing with apptap... Check to see you have firmware 1.0.2 or less before doing any of this if you have 1.1.1 then the process is much more involved and should search around this board

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
To send a picture in with a text you need to actually mail it to the recipients phone. Here is the list to use where the xxxxxx is the phone number:

US Based Carriers:

Alltel = xxxxxxxxxx@message.alltel.com
AT&T = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net
Boost Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@myboostmobile.com
Cingular (AT&T) = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.mycingular.com
Einstein PCS = xxxxxxxxxx@einsteinmms.com
Sprint = xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com
T-Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@tmomail.net
US Cellular = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.uscc.net
Verizon Wireless = xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com
Virgin Mobile = xxxxxxxxxx@vmobl.com

I have done this multiple times and your mileage will vary. Some people I send images to never receive them and when they are sent to me it can take days to view them if I get the message at all. This is one of the not-so-revolutionary parts to the phone.

The phone belongs to Apple so no custom icons. Maybe some day we will see them, but I would not hold my breath. As pointed out, you need to break into your phone to add the images you want.

Oct 15, 2007
thanks! I was bummed to hear I couldn't just text a pic.... I do love the phone, but it seems like some things are missing..... No cut/paste? Im also surprised theres no flash with the camera! The ipod starts playing in my purse sometimes but thanks to the crappy speakers I can barely hear it anyway...battery life seems short but, to be fair, maybe cause I tend to constantly play with it! I have had the phone a short time, hope i don't discover more.... As i said, i do love it

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
thanks! I was bummed to hear I couldn't just text a pic.... I do love the phone, but it seems like some things are missing..... No cut/paste? Im also surprised theres no flash with the camera! The ipod starts playing in my purse sometimes but thanks to the crappy speakers I can barely hear it anyway...battery life seems short but, to be fair, maybe cause I tend to constantly play with it! I have had the phone a short time, hope i don't discover more.... As i said, i do love it
You have mentioned the two complaints I have had since getting my phone. I love the phone and even without being to do picture messaging and cutting and pasting (so odd that they left that out) the rest of the functions are great. I wish that email went back to the lists of email accounts when you close it rather than stay in the inbox of the last account you looked at but that is minor and if I only had one email account on there instead of 6 then I would love it staying in the inbox. Great phone, best I have ever had so far.

Oct 15, 2007
6 email accounts? I only have 2, work and personal.... I used to send a friend pics via text, he's very disappointed to say the least, lolol, bet he's gonna change his plan so he can check his email now!