Help setting up iTunes DJ with remote app

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Iloveiphones, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Hi, I'm not sure where to put this...I enabled iTunes dj, downloaded the remote app, and I wanted to add new library with the code. My device is not showing up in iTunes. I am so frustrated right now, it's unbelievable. Can anyone help me setting up iTunes dj with the remote? Thank you so much.

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

3. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Thanks for the links, but this really does not help. My device is supposed to be listed in iTunes so I can enter a 4 digit code, but that's not present.

And how would I use this to request songs if I were a guest at a party?

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

How about if you physically connect your device to the computer... (For the setup part of the procedure anyways...) This should definitely make your device pop up on the iTunes list of connected devices... (Let me know if this works.)

Both you and the party host have to do a couple things to make this possible.

Here's what has to be done.

http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/howto_setup_iTunes_dj_your_mac_and_iPhone

Here are some additional tips that should ensure the party is a success.

Green%20Checkmark.jpg If the party host is not particularly Mac-savvy, these steps are to be followed before loss of sobriety is underway. After the steps are followed, by all means, let the drinking begin.

Green%20Checkmark.jpg If the party gets too loud and the cops are called by a neighbor, then promptly request a soft song with your iDevice as soon as their sirens are heard. Have warm doughnuts on hand. Respectfully offer to cops.

Green%20Checkmark.jpg The most sober person in the party should answer the door for the cops.