Help setting up my old 3GS as an iPod w/iTunes.

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by Booyow1204, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

So I'm rocking my 5, I upgraded from my 3GS, not going to sell it but plan on using it as an iPod touch moving forward. My car has an iPod jack that I can keep an iPod plugged into, I can take it to the gym/beach or other places when I don't want to risk losing/damaging my 5, other uses I plan on etc.

Wondering about the iTunes syncing for both phones, I have different memory for both phones (3GS 16GB and 5 32GB). I took off photos, apps, etc. anything thats not music.

I was wondering if there is a way to navigate in iTunes and have separate songs/apps etc? for example for memory reasons I have less room on the 3GS, so I don't want my set up to mirror that of my 5 and it to sync and backup in accord to my 5 which I have everything on....Any tips on how I should go about it?

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Set each device in iTunes with a different name. This will keep the backups separate and sync issues nonexistent.

3. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Ok cool thanks, that was one of the first things I did to keep myself from getting confused. Will all the checked songs I have on my 5 transfer over to the 3GS? Or is there a certain way to do that part?