Help - Software Update Badge Not Showing

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by EverythingApple, Nov 20, 2013.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

How come I don't get the badge indicator anymore showing that there is an update? I have to go into Settings>>General>>Software Update to see if there are any.

Is this a software glitch? I've tried hard reset and still nothing. If it wasn't for my wife telling me about the update on her iPhone, I would've never known. Been too busy at work to check the forums.

Should I be going to a genius? Or, should I do a restore first?

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Do you have Updates enabled under Settings > iTunes & App Store > Updates. If so, that would be the reason. Your iPhone is continuously updating apps, so no need to show you a badge.

3. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

It says Automatic Downloads, for Updates (and all) is turned off. Should that be on?

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

In my experience it typically takes a few days before it notifies me that there is a software update in the settings app. I usually update before the badge ever shows up, but when I was jailbroken with no intention of updating that's how long it took.

You don't need to restore or take it to Apple. Just go into the settings app and update the firmware. It will show you the update once you're there.