Help stuck in reboot

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Spent the last couple hours relaxing and playing with my grand kids then came home and tried Europa's suggestions and again the outcome was the same. I get the feeling I'm beating a dead horse. I've changed my mind, I think I'll go with my Marlin 30-30 instead of the .45. Good night Y'all.

luislahud

Bronze
Jan 10, 2009
If you try to turn the phone off by holding the power bottom then when the phone is powered off have your computer ready hold the home bottom and connect the Lightning cable while holding the home bottom until you see the iTunes logo on the phone screen to be recognized give it a try.
If you cannot power the phone off try holding the home bottom while connecting the cable to the phone till you see the iTunes logo.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
If you try to turn the phone off by holding the power bottom then when the phone is powered off have your computer ready hold the home bottom and connect the Lightning cable while holding the home bottom until you see the iTunes logo on the phone screen to be recognized give it a try.
If you cannot power the phone off try holding the home bottom while connecting the cable to the phone till you see the iTunes logo.
The problem is that the phone does not respond to any buttons pushes unless connected to a charger or plugged into a computer. If I hold the home button down and plug into the computer while iTunes is running it will go into DFU mode but the end result after DFU and trying to restore is an error code 4005 and the phone fails to restore leaving it in the same condition as I started with, a totally dead phone or if plugged in, an endless boot loop.

luislahud

Bronze
Jan 10, 2009
Do you have any respond on the phone while holdin the home bottom and pluging it to the cable at the same time not let in go till you see any respond

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The problem is that the phone does not respond to any buttons pushes unless connected to a charger or plugged into a computer. If I hold the home button down and plug into the computer while iTunes is running it will go into DFU mode but the end result after DFU and trying to restore is an error code 4005 and the phone fails to restore leaving it in the same condition as I started with, a totally dead phone or if plugged in, an endless boot loop.
Were you able to try restoring it on a Mac?

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Went to the Apple Store this morning and they determined that my wife's phone is only useful as a paperweight. So a bunch of bucks later she has a brand new iPhone 6, with Apple care+, 64GB, unlocked, no contract in black with a pretty new hot pink Otterbox Defender. Ouch!!! Oh well, it's only money. Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Last edited:

CGee

Oct 19, 2015
I would love to know how this turned out. I have the exact same problem - iTunes wouldn't recognize it until I connected in DFU mode, got the same error message (4005). I used iTunes on my MAC to try to restore it (tried four times), and it just won't restore. When iTunes communicates with the phone, it immediately starts the boot loop, so iTunes displays"waiting on phone' until it times out. Then I get the 4005 code. My MAC is up to date iTunes is up to date, cable doesn't matter. I just can't get the phone to stop looping. I've run it down, but as soon as I try to charge it, the turns itself on and starts the boot loop.

CGee

Oct 19, 2015
Thanks! I was afraid of that.

maoli069

Oct 28, 2015
same pro here,you can try to telechanger a new systerm.