HELP! Suddenly can't UNLOCK!

TLP31

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I have an original iPhone. After syncing today, ti suddenly will NOT unlock! I've rebooted it, and resynced, but no change! Any ideas?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Have you tried a hard reset? Hold the home button and the power button down at the same time until the logo appears. Turn the phone off and back on. Just something to try.
Wait. Am I missing something? How did you rebooted it, and resync if it will not unlock?

TLP31

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
By "reboot", I meant that I help down the home button and power button...several times. I'll try a resync again connected to the iMac.

TLP31

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Another sync hasn't changed anything. I will try uninstalling an app i just bought (Ambience) and re-sync again.

TLP31

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Called iPhone Tech Support this morning and described my situation. It appears to be a hardware issue. (I was able to get it to unlock once, and the keypad icons all responded very sluggishy!) I guess I'll be making a trip to my nearest Apple store (2 1/2 hrs away!) to get a 3G iPhone. All this happened just 36 days after the warranty expired on my original phone!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I guess I'll be making a trip to my nearest Apple store (2 1/2 hrs away!) to get a 3G iPhone. All this happened just 36 days after the warranty expired on my original phone!
Sorry to hear this.
Isn't there an ATT closer to you? That is a long trip to an Apple Store.

TLP31

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
No stock at any AT&T store near me. I don't mind going to Chicago...don't feel TOO sorry for me!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
No stock at any AT&T store near me. I don't mind going to Chicago...don't feel TOO sorry for me!
That's a bite, but yeah I hear you about going to Chicago. You can maybe make a day of it.

TLP31

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
UPDATE! But not a good one necessarily. I spoke with iPhone Tech Support. I described my problem and what I had done to work around it...hard resets, restore, etc. They told me I had a hardware problem and invited me to send it in for repair. The repair cost would amount to the same cost of a new 8Gb phone!

My original phone was only 36 days out of it warranty!

Has anyone else experienced these problems?