Help tethering on 3.0

icecreamman2

Bronze
Jul 23, 2008
san francisco/vancouver
i finally enabled tethering, i turned it on and since i don't have bluetooth on my computer ( running a pc atm ) i wanted to do it via usb. now that its enabled my iPhone tells me " choose iPhone from the list of network services in your settings " where the hell is that on a PC. any help appreciated...

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Start >connect to (vista) might just be connections in XP. Or you should be able to find it in your control panel.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Yeah, you need drivers for the iPhone as a modem through USB, which are not available anywhere.
That seems reasonable, personally, I have very little to no need for tethering, although I would like the option if I need it in the future. Course there is always PDAnet.

JustinCarpenter

Bronze
Mar 24, 2009
Michigan
That seems reasonable, personally, I have very little to no need for tethering, although I would like the option if I need it in the future. Course there is always PDAnet.
Yeah I wish it worked for me. Would be nice for when on the road. I am surprised that nobody has made USB drivers yet. Shouldn't be that hard.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Yeah I wish it worked for me. Would be nice for when on the road. I am surprised that nobody has made USB drivers yet. Shouldn't be that hard.
If its not that hard you should make them...:eek: