Help! Uknown error (1) (yes I Googled)

Feb 1, 2008
I have been trying to downgrade 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 for a very long time. I get the iPhone into DFU mode, the screen is black and iTunes recognizes it and if I open Independence it says the iPhone is in DFU mode. So iTunes recognizes the phone is in recovery mode, I option-click restore, choose 1.1.1 ipsw and it starts extracting. Once done it says iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. Unknown error (1) occurred. This is dring me CRAZY!:mad: Hopefully one of you can enlighten me lol

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
You are not in DFU mode.

Error (1) = No DFU mode, sorry try again!

Dock your iPhone, hold the power and home button. When the screen goes black, release the power button while still holding the home button. A few seconds later iTunes should say it's detected an iPhone in recovery mode. Now you want to Shift (Option) click Restore and select your 1.1.1 firmware.

Dec 29, 2007
New jersey USA
im still having the same problem as the @aparikh1207 i tunes says that i need to recover my phone so when i try to downgrade it to 1.1.1 it give me that error "iPhone" could not be restored. Unknown error (1) occurred

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 1, 2008
I figured out my problem finally:cool::cool:! Instead of using safari to download the firmware I used firefox, and bingo, it worked instantly. So USE FIREFOX!:laugh2:

Feb 1, 2008
i don't understand please explain? thank u
Well I was first off I'm a mac user. I was using safari to download the 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 software from the x666x links on this forum, I kept getting the error. I then decided to use firefox to redownload the firmware and tried again. It worked then. Hope this helps.