Help! Unjailbreaking iPhone 5s, iTunes error 9006 when updating software!

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by ggordon4, May 25, 2015.

1. ggordon4

ggordon4 New Member

I have an iPhone 5s with the Pangu jailbreak for iOS 7.1. I'm attempting to restore the phone and update to the latest software, 8.3, in order to remove the jailbreak. Whenever I try to, iTunes gives me error code 9006 when trying to download the software. I've tried restarting my PC, disabling security programs, and even downloading the iOS file and attempting to manually restore it from the file (using shift+left click on restore) When I do that, it says the file is not compatible, even though I'm sure it's the right one.

The jailbreak is causing a lot of problems on my phone and I would really, really like to get rid of it. Any suggestions would be immensely appreciated!!

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes. Then reboot the PC again for good measure.

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The OP said, "I've tried disabling security programs."

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I know. I read it in its entirety after. But it also says to check USB connections. I just took the error code suggestions from Apple.

Dogs can't read. :p

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Please start reading threads more carefully before you reply. It doesn't help people when you tell them to take steps they have already taken.