Help Very confused

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tankster

Nov 6, 2007
Im a expierienced PC user. I troubleshoot computers for a living, but I am so confused with all these iPhone hacks!

First of all, i just purchased a iPhone from a friend for $200 and i did a full restore on the phone yesterday. When i pop in my sim card it is asking me to activate the phone and since i have a businesss account with ATT i need to change my account?I did some research and found that there is a way to allow me to use the phone without changing my account but like i said, i am totally confused.Can someone point me in to the right direction on how to use my businesss account with my iPhone?

Also, if i have my friend activate it will i be able to pop in my sim and use it? If not, what hacks would i need to do if he activates it for me? Currently my phone does nothing, it only allows me to make emergency calls.HELP! and thank you in advance :)

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Yes, you will need to unlocked the phone if you want to use your current businesss sim. Also yes u can swap out sims whenever u want and use them in the iPhone after the unlock ;) :D

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Yeah the best bet that will allow you to keep your current plan will be to unlock the phone. My friend just switched over all of their family accounts yesterday from AT&T businesss to a family plan in order to activate his iPhone and it was a major hassle unfortunately.

tankster

Nov 6, 2007
So how would i go about activating it? Is there a way to unlock the phone before activating it?

Or do i have to activate it first before i can unlock it? Is there a way to activate it without using my friends sim? Or do i have to have him activate it first?

Can you provide me with a link where i can read more upon unlocking the iPhone?

sorry for so many questions :)

bfakhroo

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
So how would i go about activating it? Is there a way to unlock the phone before activating it?

Or do i have to activate it first before i can unlock it? Is there a way to activate it without using my friends sim? Or do i have to have him activate it first?

Can you provide me with a link where i can read more upon unlocking the iPhone?

sorry for so many questions :)
the easiest way http://iPhone.unlock.no/