Help wanted: iPod touch-Connected to Network but can't find server at home

ubbi

Jan 3, 2008
Planet Earth
I've already browsed other threads but most of them are regarding the iPhone. I connected to the network by putting in the password etc. and the bars appear to be full but I can't access Youtube or Safari. My router/ home portal thing is a 2wire.
On my relatively new iPod touch, it shows that my IP Address is 169.XXX.XXX.XXX , which I know is a problem.
I also tried taking the iPod to the Apple store and safari worked inside the store but not in any of the mall wifi hotspots. Actually so far the ONLY place where I have been about to get on safari on my iPod touch is the Apple store, which is extremely frustrating.
I called the SBC (my internet provider) customer helpline and they said they were only responsible for connecting computers to the internet.:(
My laptop connects to the internet just fine .
Oh and by the way I own a pc as my main computer, not a mac (although now I'm wishing I had bought a mac >_<) And I can't find my router manual thing...
Any advice, tips, references or (even if you could redirect me to an appropriate thread) in depth guidance would be greatly appreciated.

xpeters

Jan 23, 2008
Safari can't find server

I have an iPhone and ipod touch. The iPhone connects to my home wifi network and to my IMAP mail server. The ipod touch won't connect to either. Both have 169. ip addresses, so I don't think it can be just that stopping the ipod touch working. Any thoughts? Suggestions? By the way, my pc runs windows xp and my router is a Thomson Speedtouch.

I've already browsed other threads but most of them are regarding the iPhone. I connected to the network by putting in the password etc. and the bars appear to be full but I can't access Youtube or Safari. My router/ home portal thing is a 2wire.
On my relatively new iPod touch, it shows that my IP Address is 169.XXX.XXX.XXX , which I know is a problem.
I also tried taking the iPod to the Apple store and safari worked inside the store but not in any of the mall wifi hotspots. Actually so far the ONLY place where I have been about to get on safari on my iPod touch is the Apple store, which is extremely frustrating.
I called the SBC (my internet provider) customer helpline and they said they were only responsible for connecting computers to the internet.:(
My laptop connects to the internet just fine .
Oh and by the way I own a pc as my main computer, not a mac (although now I'm wishing I had bought a mac >_<) And I can't find my router manual thing...
Any advice, tips, references or (even if you could redirect me to an appropriate thread) in depth guidance would be greatly appreciated.