HELP - WiFi won't stay off...

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
I've searched around for answers, and have found none. I'm not sure what I installed, or what's up, but my WiFi won't stay turned off...

I'll turn it off, then 5 minutes later, I look at my phone, and my WiFi is back on. Try turning it off again, and then the WiFi turns itself back on.

When I'm in a place where I don't have Wifi, I like to keep it turned off to save battery power.

Any ideas? Anyone come across this problem? Thanks...

Update: It seems to be iPhoneLocator... Thanks to everyone's involvement and help.

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
I only installed BossTool, and I know that isn't it, because it was one of the first things I installed on my jailbroken phone. This problem did not being until last week. Thanks, any other ideas?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
That's a weird one. I'm already out of ideas but perhaps list the apps you have installed and it will ring a bell to someone.

Unless you have too many apps to list in which case I say start all over! :)

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
did you by any chance install insomnia? give us the list from the uninstall list in installer

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Thanks guys! My list:

Jiggy Runtime
TextTwist
iPhoneLocator (Maybe this is it? Didn't have problems before, though)
4Balls
BlockPuzzle
Caissa Chess
FiveDice
Garf
iBlackjack
iCopter
iSolitaire
Labyrinth
Lights Off
NES
Pool
psx4all
PuzzleManiak
snes4iPhone
SuperPong
Tris
TaskbarNotifier
CameraPro
Dashubster
iRadio
MxTube
Pushr
ShowTime
Apollo
colloQ
MobileChat
VNsea
Books
MobileFinder
WebSearch
Apple Screenshot Enabler
iSMS(Snapshot)
Community Sources
BSD Subsystem
Term-vt100
Pianist
SUID Lib Fix
BSD Subsystem 2.0 Termfix
iPhysics
iPinball Level Pack
BossTool
Customize 2.0
Services
Touchpad Pro

It might be the new version if iPhone Locator... I will contact the developer. I think I remember updating it, and this problem occurring around that time.

Update: Someone else reports that iPhoneLocator is causing the issue I am having. Thanks guys... I will seek out the developer.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Services app. You should check Services to see if wi-fi is turned on there too. Also, jeez but you have a ton of apps! Could be there is a conflict with one (or more) of them. Just a thought.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah that's a lot of apps. You'll run into fewer problems in the future if you show a little restraint. :p

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I read a post before I think where you had customize 2.0 maybe that is the problem could be the beta software

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Yeah that's a lot of apps. You'll run into fewer problems in the future if you show a little restraint. :p
Haha... I can't really show restraint. I have to try everything. Not to mention the apps I've installed that aren't on the Installer (e.g. Scrabble, my favorite).

Just read this: 3G iPhone Already Ordered By Apple?

3G is a must - mainly for my Slingbox. Will need the faster network to stream a decent picture to my phone. Can't wait to upgrade my phone.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
if you use keep wifi alive in mobilechat it may do that as well