Help with converting videos to use for iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kency79

Bronze
Sep 2, 2007
Hamilton,NJ
www.myspace.com
I have a couple of Music Videos that I didn't puchase from iTunes. When I tried to covert for iPhone/Ipod use, the music is gone but the video is playing and the file size shrunk.

Is there any other way for me to use those videos in my iPhone. Do i really have to buty the video from iTunes?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I have a couple of Music Videos that I didn't puchase from iTunes. When I tried to covert for iPhone/Ipod use, the music is gone but the video is playing and the file size shrunk.

Is there any other way for me to use those videos in my iPhone. Do i really have to buty the video from iTunes?
What file format are your videos?
Mac or PC?

spankbot

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007

I use Videora iPhone Converter to convert stuff to iPhone compatible video. It will convert just about every format out there including Flash, avi, DVD, mpeg, etc. Oh, and it's free.

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPhone/

bhenner

Aug 29, 2007
I bought PQ DVD for iPhone and it works pretty well. It does batch converting much easier than any other I've ran across.

177ike

Jul 21, 2007
i've had my iPhone now for a couple months now, but have yet to load video. I'd like to start throwing on some avi clips from our digital camera. Which folder do you put the files into in order to sync with thw phone? Thks.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
i've had my iPhone now for a couple months now, but have yet to load video. I'd like to start throwing on some avi clips from our digital camera. Which folder do you put the files into in order to sync with thw phone? Thks.
AVI files are not supported by iPhone or iTunes. You have to convert them to .mp4 (m4v) or .mov files, then just "import to library" in iTunes. They'll automatically go to the video section.

Wet1

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
CT Shoreline
I'll have to give these a try tonight... I tried unsuccessfuly loading movies on my phone yesterday after wasting $30 on Quicktime Pro (which I found out after the fact that it doesn't handle avi files on windows).