Help with downgrade. Error (1013)

iPat

Sep 14, 2007
Little background on my problem. I have had the iPhone since day 1, and jailbroke very soon afterwards. I have performed every jailbreak method for all firmware versions, on 5 iPhones at my office. I was on 1.1.2, and jailbroken. I pulled the ultimate n00b move today. I was using Categories to leave only 4 icons on my dock. I decided I didn't like how long it took to load things and was reverting back. I forgot to make the icons visible before I deleted my categories, and was left with a blank springboard and dock. I tried to use iBrickr to install Dock and some other launchers but could not get their icons to appear either. Defeated, I restored my iPhone. Now, in the process to downgrade my 1.1.2 un-jailbroken iPhone to 1.1.1 to jailbreak and upgrade, I cannot get away from the The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1013). I am placing the phone in the special restore mode, I even changed my version of iTunes back to 7.4.3.1. No help. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this error. I am on Vista, iTunes 7.4.3.1 and freshly retored iPhone on 1.1.2.

All help greatly appreciated!

iPat

Sep 14, 2007
Little background on my problem. I have had the iPhone since day 1, and jailbroke very soon afterwards. I have performed every jailbreak method for all firmware versions, on 5 iPhones at my office. I was on 1.1.2, and jailbroken. I pulled the ultimate n00b move today. I was using Categories to leave only 4 icons on my dock. I decided I didn't like how long it took to load things and was reverting back. I forgot to make the icons visible before I deleted my categories, and was left with a blank springboard and dock. I tried to use iBrickr to install Dock and some other launchers but could not get their icons to appear either. Defeated, I restored my iPhone. Now, in the process to downgrade my 1.1.2 un-jailbroken iPhone to 1.1.1 to jailbreak and upgrade, I cannot get away from the The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1013). I am placing the phone in the special restore mode, I even changed my version of iTunes back to 7.4.3.1. No help. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this error. I am on Vista, iTunes 7.4.3.1 and freshly retored iPhone on 1.1.2.

Ugh, now I really feel like a noob. Just used iBrickr to boot the phone, and it looks like I am in 1.0.2.

nlsnmrqs

Feb 9, 2008
No I'm the Noob!

Ugh, now I really feel like a noob. Just used iBrickr to boot the phone, and it looks like I am in 1.0.2.
I updated my activated and jailbroken 1.1.2 otb to 1.1.3 via iTunes just for the heck of it and now I get the 1013 error you were getting but iBrickr will not help, unlike yourself. The phone just goes into a never ending scrolling garble!

Help!?!?!?!?!?:oops:

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
first off - error 1013 is one of the good errors - most times.

if you havethe scrolling lines of code, panic quietly for 15 seconds, ( XD) then take action.

connect your iPhone to the computer. press and hold sleep and home , and as soon screen goes blank, count off 5 seconds, then let go of sleep and keep holding home.

the screen will NOT turn on - this is good. iPhone will be recognized by iTunes - then, restore to 1.1.2 or whatever version your phone was on (DO NOT TRY TO DOWNGRADE IT at this point) then when it is finished restoring you should try going to 1.1.1.

- Sam

nlsnmrqs

Feb 9, 2008
updating 1.0.2 to 1.1.2

I couldn't believe that a subtle difference in sequence solved the problem. Thanks very much.

I'm in 1.0.2, activated and jailbroken. I've been following iNdependence and the next step would be to update via iTunes, which would be fine a month ago but not now with the 1.1.3 update?

I just want to get to 1.1.1 so I can use installer.app to get iPhone back the way it was in 1.1.2 with 3rd party apps?

?:eek:

imaster

Feb 12, 2008
the best thing for you to do mate is to start a fresh from 1.1.1 as there is an Anysim for 1.1.1, i use this firmware as a base, as it has everything you need and was the most stable firmware jailbroken, do the following:

Download the 1.1.1 firmware if you haven't already (just search on google for it and you will find it on loads of sites)

Go into iTunes shift click on a PC (windows) or cmd + ctrl click (ONLY CLICK UPGRADE), this will bring up your page to select the firmware you have or have just downloaded.

Then use the *#301# method to jailbreak 1.1.1, install the bsd sub system then make sure you OK to prep.

At this stage you do not need to anysim the phone, then download the 1.1.2 firmware, then do the same things to this as before (ONLY CLICK UPGRADE).

Once you have rebooted, use the 1.1.2 jailbreak.bat or .jar depending on your platform.

Then once your in 1.1.2 install everything you need HOWEVER if you want to ANYsim, im sure your aware make sure you are in AIRPLANE mode, the amount of times i have made that mistake lol...and had to start all over again....

Once you have done this you can decide whether to upgrade or not....sometimes with the downgrading if you wish to stay at a certain level it is best to downgrade the baseband once you are into 1.1.1 back from the 1.1.2 baseband, as i have had trouble in the past that if you turn the iPhone off its starts to reboot and reboot over and over....there are a lot of sources on the iPhone that have this baseband downgrader title but only one that i have found truly works, if you install the source:

blazeco.info/blaze.xml

then install the ultimate sources, then click on all packages......scroll down until you see the title Baseband Downgrader, click in any of these and it says that it will downgrade your baseband to 3.XX do this then restore your phone once again 1.1.1 then you will have a perfect 1.1.1 phone. then can start upgrading again.

It is best to start a fresh each time otherwise you can do something bad to the phone...a lot of my friends have been left phoneless and some extreme hardware issues, had to buy new phones.

Hope this helped and i didn't ramble and had nothing to do with what you ask....i do tend to ramble lol :)

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
thank you!

if you havethe scrolling lines of code, panic quietly for 15 seconds, ( XD) then take action.

connect your iPhone to the computer. press and hold sleep and home , and as soon screen goes blank, count off 5 seconds, then let go of sleep and keep holding home.

the screen will NOT turn on - this is good. iPhone will be recognized by iTunes - then, restore to 1.1.2 or whatever version your phone was on (DO NOT TRY TO DOWNGRADE IT at this point) then when it is finished restoring you should try going to 1.1.1.

- Sam
i want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. i just brought my iPhone back from the dead.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
i want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. i just brought my iPhone back from the dead.
You are welcome.

i had that problems with the reams and reams of code when i was trying to unlock a 1.1.3 OTB..

but i finally managed to fix it.

if you need further help with unlocking your iPhone, PM me..

Happy Modding.

Nov 7, 2008
Cannot activate sim not supported

Hi I really am hopefull of help from this forum, My iPhone will not restore correctly, it goes through all the motions and then says iTunes cannot activate because my sim is not supported. I bought the phone from ebay and it worked fine I then upgraded to version 2 and still it was fine and then about a week ago i think i must have upgraded again but this time it wont restore, when i buy the phone i think it is jailbroken and i use a 3 sim with a turbo sim, it worked fine. now it says to activate it needs a supported sim so I bought an o2 pay as you go sim but it says not supported. I don't think my phone is bricked but I cannot get it to work. Please please help if you can. Thank you

ramizitis

Dec 29, 2010
Error 1013!

- Sam

Hey!
i just recently bought an iPhone 4
its baseband is 02.11.04
on ios 4.1
i did jailbreak using limera1n and used cydia
i later found out that its not YET possible to unlock an iPhone with baseband 02.11.04..for which we need to wait..
but my problem now is that i mistakenly updated it to ios4.2
and during the process its stopped and showed an error..
then its been askin me to restore it..as i cant use it at all..when i open it all i see is the iTunes logo..and the usb connection logo
and it just wont restore...the erroe 1013 shows up just when im restore is about to be complete!
Please help!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Hey!
i just recently bought an iPhone 4
its baseband is 02.11.04
on ios 4.1
i did jailbreak using limera1n and used cydia
i later found out that its not YET possible to unlock an iPhone with baseband 02.11.04..for which we need to wait..
but my problem now is that i mistakenly updated it to ios4.2
and during the process its stopped and showed an error..
then its been askin me to restore it..as i cant use it at all..when i open it all i see is the iTunes logo..and the usb connection logo
and it just wont restore...the erroe 1013 shows up just when im restore is about to be complete!
Please help!
The thread you've just posted in is two years old.

Are you trying to restore to 4.1 or 4.2.1? You will probably have to put the phone into DFU Mode to restore it. You could try Tiny Umbrella, this will kick the device out of Recovery Mode.

ramizitis

Dec 29, 2010
The thread you've just posted in is two years old.

Are you trying to restore to 4.1 or 4.2.1? You will probably have to put the phone into DFU Mode to restore it. You could try Tiny Umbrella, this will kick the device out of Recovery Mode.
LOL...hahha..
sorry i just joined...i didn know its so old..
but thanks for replying,
well it initially had 4.1 and i mistakenly upgraded to 4.2.1 after jailbreaking it with limera1n.
now it wont turn on..it just says iTunes n the usb logo.
i don't get whats the kick that your refering to?..

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
What are you actually trying to do?

Restore to 4.1 from 4.2.1? If this is the case then you will need to edit the hosts file on your computer and shift-restore. Then when you've restored to 4.1 the phone will hang in recovery at the end - use Tiny Umbrella to kick the device out of recovery.

ramizitis

Dec 29, 2010
holla
yes that got fixed..
now becoz i cant unlock this iPhone 4 yet as its baseband 02.11.04
i dun hav any sim in it...and now i cant open it..
all i can do is do emergency calls..i cant go any further...can you help me with that?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Firstly, where is the SIM it came with? Or did you require the Ultrasn0w unlock? If you need the unlock, you are out of luck. Since you've updated to 4.2.1 it currently can't be unlocked, you can't downgrade the baseband either :(

ramizitis

Dec 29, 2010
Firstly, where is the SIM it came with? Or did you require the Ultrasn0w unlock? If you need the unlock, you are out of luck. Since you've updated to 4.2.1 it currently can't be unlocked, you can't downgrade the baseband either :(

I got this fone from canada...its locked to bell..n i am now in Saudi Arabia..but gna to Manchester (uk) in 2weeks time. But i didn get any sim with it. when i got it...the fone was on and on airplane mode..
I then did jailbreak using limer1n and then got to know that i cant unlock it as its baseband 02.11.04 .
well then i updated it to 4.2 ios...and the problem occurred but thats now fixed as now it at least comes to the screen where i can only call on emergency calls. but it says to put the sim..
I need to activate the fone without a sim as i want to use its applications atleast till 02.11.04 will be unlockable.

thealiencow

Bronze
Sep 14, 2008
I believe you will need a mac to be able to hacktivate an iPhone 4.

PwnageTool 4.1.2
iPhone 4 4.2.1 Custom PwnageTool Bundle

1. Add the custom bundle to PwnageTool.
2. Create the custom tethered IPSW using PwnageTool. Ensure that you use expert mode and choose "Activate the phone" from general settings.
3. Place the phone in DFU mode with the help of PwnageTool.
4. Option+Restore the custom IPSW using iTunes

The phone should boot activated. If you want to use and jailbreak applications, you will have to boot tethered using redsn0w.

ramizitis

Dec 29, 2010
Thank you for this but i do not have a mac and i would not get any mac user as well :(
isn't there a way with windows 7 ?