Help With Icon Please

eureka

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
I want to make my IM + icon look like the messages icon for texting as you can see in the top left corner..

however there is a ugly black background on the im+ app
how can i get rid of it?

Attachments

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Where is the IM+ icon, I did not see it in the screen shot. If it's a solid color you should be able to easily remove it in photoshop, using the magicwand tool, or even blowing it up to about 1600% and using the eraser tool to erase the BG.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
LOL, I thought that was the cycorder icon. Now I see it. The easiest thing to do if you want it exactly the same...is to make a copy of the icon, just copy it to another folder on your harddrive and rename it to IM+ then move that one back.

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Can't you just make a copy of the messages icon and rename it IM+?

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I don't think a lot of people realize how many icons are in these themes. If you just go through all the icons in the theme folder, you can usually find something suitable and just rename it to the icon or app you are missing. Thats how I usually try to complete all the themes I download.

eureka

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
The im+ icon I have now is currently on the bottom right hand side of my dock
as you can see it has a BLACK background

and as for the advice about just copying the icon from the Messages.png icon on the top left...that's exactly what i did but it didn't work that's why there is such a icon in the bottom right hand side of the screen however it has a default black background behind the icon

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Rename the messages icon and then (while it is on the device) using SSH rename it to
"IM+.png" without the quotes. It is case sensitive and your computer will probably not let you save it with + in the filename, but you should be able to rename it on the device through ssh.

eureka

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Rename the messages icon and then (while it is on the device) using SSH rename it to
"IM+.png" without the quotes. It is case sensitive and your computer will probably not let you save it with + in the filename, but you should be able to rename it on the device through ssh.
perfect thank you