Help with Installer

iphone111

Jan 18, 2008
Hello,

I am new to iPhone and wanted some guidance for my specific problem.

Background:

I bought a Unlocked iPhone with software version 1.1.1

It already had the Installer icon when I purchased the iPhone.

I didn't know much about the Installer except that whenever I pressed the icon out of curiosity, it would say "could not connect to edge" or something like that.

I was about to sell my iPhone today so I asked a friend how to delete all personal data & he said to select "Erase all content & settings", which I did.

The guy who was supposed to buy the phone backed out & now I became more interested in resolving the issues that led me to sell the phone, primarily not being able to send SMS to more than one person.

Now:

After some browsing today, I realized that there is a software to send sms to more than one person. However, I am having the following problems with Installer:

When I press the Installer icon, a new blank window opens for a few seconds and then the screen returns to the iPhone main page (where all the icons sit).

I then read about jailbreakme.com and using Safari & WiFi, went to this site & selected install AppSnapp but nothing happens and after a few second it goes back to the iPhone main page.

My purpose is to get the Installer to open so I can install the multiple SMS software.

I don't know why the Installer icon (which originally was at least attempting to open) is now not opening (perhaps due to "Erase all content & settings" ?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

bluedrib

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
The Boot "Louisiana"
Hello,

I am new to iPhone and wanted some guidance for my specific problem.

Background:

I bought a Unlocked iPhone with software version 1.1.1

It already had the Installer icon when I purchased the iPhone.

I didn't know much about the Installer except that whenever I pressed the icon out of curiosity, it would say "could not connect to edge" or something like that.

I was about to sell my iPhone today so I asked a friend how to delete all personal data & he said to select "Erase all content & settings", which I did.

The guy who was supposed to buy the phone backed out & now I became more interested in resolving the issues that led me to sell the phone, primarily not being able to send SMS to more than one person.

Now:

After some browsing today, I realized that there is a software to send sms to more than one person. However, I am having the following problems with Installer:

When I press the Installer icon, a new blank window opens for a few seconds and then the screen returns to the iPhone main page (where all the icons sit).

I then read about jailbreakme.com and using Safari & WiFi, went to this site & selected install AppSnapp but nothing happens and after a few second it goes back to the iPhone main page.

My purpose is to get the Installer to open so I can install the multiple SMS software.

I don't know why the Installer icon (which originally was at least attempting to open) is now not opening (perhaps due to "Erase all content & settings" ?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

well if your phone originally came with 1.1.1 and 3.9 bootloader, maybe you should try to reinstall 1.1.1 with iTunes by doing the downgrade process but don't downgrade just reinstall it, and start over as if you are unlocking it for the first time and see if that works.

iphone111

Jan 18, 2008
well if your phone originally came with 1.1.1 and 3.9 bootloader, maybe you should try to reinstall 1.1.1 with iTunes by doing the downgrade process but don't downgrade just reinstall it, and start over as if you are unlocking it for the first time and see if that works.
What is bootloader or 3.9 bootloader?

Pardon my ignorance.

And by the way, my fone was unlocked by the store that sold it to me and they advised me not to go to Apple site as it might get locked.

Thanks

iphone111

Jan 18, 2008
What is bootloader or 3.9 bootloader?

Pardon my ignorance.

And by the way, my fone was unlocked by the store that sold it to me and they advised me not to go to Apple site as it might get locked.

Thanks
Anyone can help?

mj2320

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
whats the serial number of your phone? ooo and what firmware are you running

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch

Forget the firmware number and serial number question, I understand that you are jailbroken and unLocked.

Where are you located?

Is it possible to go back to the store for help?

The erase content and settings is just deleting your sms, email, contacts etc. It does not remove apps.

Do not do a restore.

davis5050

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
I may be wrong but if all he is wanting is to be able to send one text to multipal people couldn't he just update to 1.1.3? Isn't that one of the perks with 1.1.3?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
right but he also wants to be jailbroken and unlocked as I am assuming he is unlocked.