Help with iPhone 4S photo/video and MTP USB failure.

winterymix

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
St. Albans, WV
Ok folks. I've never really fooled with video on my iPhone, but since I have a iPhone 4S now, I'd like to. However, I'm not sure what a good way to transfer HD video from my phone to my computer would be since Win7 64 REFUSES to recognize my phone as a camera. I get the dreaded MTP usb device failed.

I have *scoured* the internet for fixes for this and have tried everything without success. I've tried other usb ports, I have no upperfilters in my registry to delete, I tried typing in the net command at the DOS prompt and got the "operation completed" message. I have deleted the failed MTP device from device manager and done a hardware scan.. it just reinstalls with the same error.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64bit

This is absolutely ridiculous to me. We're many generations deep into Windows and iPhone and I can't get the damn things to do something as simple as connect so that I can pull photos and videos off my device.

Any help?

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
Can you not browse to the folder in windows explore when tethered? I have a Windows7 Pro 64-bit machine and I can get videos off. It doesn't see the iPhone as a camera though.

Target

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

winterymix

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
St. Albans, WV
Emailing them to myself *severely* degrades quality, turning HD video into video that looks like it was shot with a Motorola Razr, so that isn't a good alternative. Secondly, thats exactly what I'm saying. The phone doesn't show up as a portable device, camera, or anything else. Windows refuses to recognize it. iTunes recognizes it fine, Windows doesn't.