Help with iPhone 4S photo/video and MTP USB failure.

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by winterymix, Oct 17, 2011.

1. winterymix

winterymix Member
    Bronze

Ok folks. I've never really fooled with video on my iPhone, but since I have a iPhone 4S now, I'd like to. However, I'm not sure what a good way to transfer HD video from my phone to my computer would be since Win7 64 REFUSES to recognize my phone as a camera. I get the dreaded MTP usb device failed.

I have *scoured* the internet for fixes for this and have tried everything without success. I've tried other usb ports, I have no upperfilters in my registry to delete, I tried typing in the net command at the DOS prompt and got the "operation completed" message. I have deleted the failed MTP device from device manager and done a hardware scan.. it just reinstalls with the same error.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64bit

This is absolutely ridiculous to me. We're many generations deep into Windows and iPhone and I can't get the damn things to do something as simple as connect so that I can pull photos and videos off my device.

Any help?

2. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Email them to yourself

3. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

Can you not browse to the folder in windows explore when tethered? I have a Windows7 Pro 64-bit machine and I can get videos off. It doesn't see the iPhone as a camera though.

Target

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

4. ed2438

ed2438 Contributor
    Bronze

my win7 pro 64 bit reads my iPhone as a portable device.

5. winterymix

winterymix Member
    Bronze

Emailing them to myself *severely* degrades quality, turning HD video into video that looks like it was shot with a Motorola Razr, so that isn't a good alternative. Secondly, thats exactly what I'm saying. The phone doesn't show up as a portable device, camera, or anything else. Windows refuses to recognize it. iTunes recognizes it fine, Windows doesn't.