Help with iPhone notes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

oab

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Does anyone know of a way to retrieve notes which have been accidentally deleted? Just deleted a lot of information which took about an hour to enter.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
if you've recently synced your iPhone (when you had that deleted note still there), you could do a restore to put the "old" data back onto your iPhone, including that note. other than that, i can't think of anything else to get your deleted note back...

iRon

Aug 8, 2007
NorCal
Will that really work with notes? I did a restore a few weeks back and I recall it sync'd programs such as calendar, photos, ipod, phone contacts, and mail - all programs that exist on my iMac and were thereforee saved to the home computer during a sync prior to the restore. After the restore, I found it did not re-sync my notes or stocks so I had to re-enter that data manually. Maybe I did something wrong or it only works with PC's, I'm not sure... ?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Will that really work with notes? I did a restore a few weeks back and I recall it sync'd programs such as calendar, photos, ipod, phone contacts, and mail - all programs that exist on my iMac and were thereforee saved to the home computer during a sync prior to the restore. After the restore, I found it did not re-sync my notes or stocks so I had to re-enter that data manually. Maybe I did something wrong or it only works with PC's, I'm not sure... ?
i have a mac, but it works from my experience. i had to do a restore once a couple of weeks after i got my iPhone (after a sync, it was showing that i didn't have any music or videos at all) and i didn't seem to lose any notes - i have a note that i created the first day i got my iPhone called "practice typing" and that has been on my iPhone intact through that restore and the last update...

oab

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
if you've recently synced your iPhone (when you had that deleted note still there), you could do a restore to put the "old" data back onto your iPhone, including that note. other than that, i can't think of anything else to get your deleted note back...

Thanks for your reply. I think that I will Just reenter the data--everything is working well now and I don't want to screw anything up (need the typing experience anyway just one finger now).
However, this is a big problem that Apple needs to correct--there needs to be a conformation that you actually wish to delete the notes before it actually happens. Imagine that you are out of town in a meeting you need information from your notes--in haste, you scroll your finger down a little too far and accidentally touch the waste can symbol--whoosh in an instant all of your notes disappear in front of your eyes--bummer!
Tip for everyone: When scrolling through your notes do so on the side of the screen away from the waste can symbol--this will save you a lot of grief.