Help with locked phone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RyansTitan05

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 21, 2008
Hey guys I've got a question... I found a phone and was not able to locate the owner... So I now have a phone that is locked, unactivated, and locked to a iTunes account.

I've tried to do a hard reset but it's still locked to an account.

Can anyone tell me how to unlock the phone from an account? Would like to use it as an iPod!

FYI.. I assure you I did not steal this phone!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hey guys I've got a question... I found a phone and was not able to locate the owner... So I now have a phone that is locked, unactivated, and locked to a iTunes account.

I've tried to do a hard reset but it's still locked to an account.

Can anyone tell me how to unlock the phone from an account? Would like to use it as an iPod!

FYI.. I assure you I did not steal this phone!
You won't be able to get past the activation screen or restore the device without the owner's iCloud password if Find My iPhone was enabled and it's running 7.x. There is no workaround. This is an anti-theft measure Apple implemented last fall.

RyansTitan05

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 21, 2008
You won't be able to get past the activation screen or restore the device without the owner's iCloud password if Find My iPhone was enabled and it's running 7.x. There is no workaround. This is an anti-theft measure Apple implemented last fall.

What can I, should I do with it? It's 100 percent useless. Police won't know what to do with it!