Help With Moving Contacts From Droid X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swfliphone, Jan 2, 2013.

1. swfliphone

swfliphone New Member

Hello everybody. I just got a new iPhone 5 and am coming from a droid X. The store I purchased the phone from offered to transfer my contacts for me and for some reason ended up adding over 1,400 contacts to the new phone. It looked as if basically everybody I had ever emailed using my Gmail address was added! So I had them delete them all and said I would do it myself.

I use Gmail and have all of my contacts synced with it. I transferred my contacts using the exchange method and for some reason a lot of my contacts got messed up. Some were missing data, specifically telephone numbers. Others were duplicated with one name having the telephone number and another having the emaail address. Some now only show email addresses.

So I went back, ensured that my google contacts had been synced/updated on my old phone, deleted the exchange account on the iPhone and did the process again but had the same result.

So, what am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?

2. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

You actually did nothing wrong. That's one of the reasons I quit using Google Exchange for Contacts. There is a limit to the numbers and addresses. It would always re-sync and look hosed. There would be strange things in the address fields. I did not have a duplication issue though. If I were you, I would transfer my contacts to icloud and quit using gmail for contacts.

3. swfliphone

swfliphone New Member

Is there any way for me to move my contacts from my Droid X to icloud and then into my iPhone or will I need to rebuild my contact list by hand on the iPhone?

4. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

You should be able to export them in a file in google. Then log into your iCloud. Then import them. I did this for my brother not too long ago.

5. Mathew Connelly

Bronze

Try exporting your Android contacts to the SD card or towards the internal memory of your phone in to a single vCard file. Then save the vCard on your computer and import it to your iPhone. This should import your Android contacts to your iPhone.

6. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

First, what kind of computer are you using and what program do you store your contacts in on that computer?

Sent Using iCafe App