HELP with music please

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Help with videos please!

can somsoen please help me work the iPhone wiht itune for music? i dono how to create a playlist to put music in then to put into my iPhone pleasez somoen help thanks.
:(

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i'm trying to help you from work, where i don't actually have iTunes so please let me know if i am wrong. i am also assuming that you have already setup your iPhone for this particular computer.

in iTunes on the left hand side there are many tab-like items you can click on.

i believe if you right click(supposing you're using Windows because it's amazing :p) you'll be given the option to create a new playlist. or i also think you can just go to FILE>>NEW(playlist) in iTunes.

after you have created the playlist, you can re-name it by either clicking it a few times -OR- right clicking and then selecting rename.

after you have successfuly done this, you can begin to drag and drop music into the playlist

after you are done, connect your iPhone and go to the music tab. click on 'sync' and there should be an option to sync the playlists.

if this doesn't work, or if you get stuck somewhere feel free to ask. i am not a mac user so i may not be able to help TOO much.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
i'm trying to help you from work, where i don't actually have iTunes so please let me know if i am wrong. i am also assuming that you have already setup your iPhone for this particular computer.

in iTunes on the left hand side there are many tab-like items you can click on.

i believe if you right click(supposing you're using Windows because it's amazing :p) you'll be given the option to create a new playlist. or i also think you can just go to FILE>>NEW(playlist) in iTunes.

after you have created the playlist, you can re-name it by either clicking it a few times -OR- right clicking and then selecting rename.

after you have successfuly done this, you can begin to drag and drop music into the playlist

after you are done, connect your iPhone and go to the music tab. click on 'sync' and there should be an option to sync the playlists.

if this doesn't work, or if you get stuck somewhere feel free to ask. i am not a mac user so i may not be able to help TOO much.
lmaoo u wont believe waht my problem was...i had the iPhone connected while trying to create a playlist so that disabled the option of creating one properly lmaoo of all the issues it was this stupid mistake, thanks a lot man! appreciate it :)

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
lmaoo u wont believe waht my problem was...i had the iPhone connected while trying to create a playlist so that disabled the option of creating one properly lmaoo of all the issues it was this stupid mistake, thanks a lot man! appreciate it :)
oh yeah, no problem.
i'm just sitting here at work so i try and be helpful, well on here at least :p

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
oh yeah, no problem.
i'm just sitting here at work so i try and be helpful, well on here at least :p
how do i put movies on? i tried but said not compatible with this iPhone or something along those lines...do i convert? if so waht program? how much space does it take? etc etc thanks!

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
how do i put movies on? i tried but said not compatible with this iPhone or something along those lines...do i convert? if so waht program? how much space does it take? etc etc thanks!
now you're getting into unknown territory for me.
i (think)know you have to have mp4 files for them to play on the iPhone but i am not sure as to which programs. i've heard that the macbook pro's come with DVD ripping software but i'm not even sure about that.
i'm really close to NO help on this subject, sorry :oops:

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
now you're getting into unknown territory for me.
i (think)know you have to have mp4 files for them to play on the iPhone but i am not sure as to which programs. i've heard that the macbook pro's come with DVD ripping software but i'm not even sure about that.
i'm really close to NO help on this subject, sorry :oops:
oo ok cool. hey when u get a phone call or u make one, it shows the calls for the day but not how long each convo was huh? thats pretty lame.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
oo ok cool. hey when u get a phone call or u make one, it shows the calls for the day but not how long each convo was huh? thats pretty lame.

To answer this question first, it only shows how long each conversation is when you're actually on the call or as you're hanging up, sort of a bummer. To answer the question about creating videos that are compatible with iPhone, I use the software from here:
http://www.kikee.com/
It costs $30 but it is ABSOLUTELY worth it. It sure as heck beats paying $9.99 per movie from iTunes especially if you already own the DVD. It is by far the easiest program I tried. You just put in the DVD, open the program, open the DVD in the program and hit convert. Presto. You now (after a little while, due to the time needed to convert) have an mp4 copy of your movie of choice. Just put that right into iTunes as if you were putting a song in your library and synch.

SweepeR

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
To answer this question first, it only shows how long each conversation is when you're actually on the call or as you're hanging up, sort of a bummer. To answer the question about creating videos that are compatible with iPhone, I use the software from here:
http://www.kikee.com/
It costs $30 but it is ABSOLUTELY worth it. It sure as heck beats paying $9.99 per movie from iTunes especially if you already own the DVD. It is by far the easiest program I tried. You just put in the DVD, open the program, open the DVD in the program and hit convert. Presto. You now (after a little while, due to the time needed to convert) have an mp4 copy of your movie of choice. Just put that right into iTunes as if you were putting a song in your library and synch.
ya i got it figured earlier i just use the PS3 converter from Red Kawa. works great.

yes the minute thing is a bummer.