Help with my Apple TV 2

Discussion in 'Apple TV' started by JaniceH, Jan 22, 2012.

1. JaniceH

JaniceH Member
    Bronze

I desperately need some help with my ATV2 . For the last couple of weeks every time I attempt to use it , I can't get it to play . I can scroll through everything I want to but when I select anything it just sits there doing nothing . YouTube just keeps pausing itself . Music will not play . The only way I can get it to work is to reset or restore it and set it up as new again . Not fun ! Any suggestions ? I am at my wits end .. Thanks .

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

You may have a broken ATV2. The only thing I can suggest is to restore it to stock 4.4.4 via iTunes (you will need a USB cable).

The hanging/pausing could be down to your internet connection. Are you using your ATV2 connected or wirelessly?

3. JaniceH

JaniceH Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the quick reply . I'm using it wirelessly but I am pretty sure it's not that . As soon as I reset and go through the set up process all works perfectly .
    I will try your suggestion before I call it a dud ..

4. JaniceH

JaniceH Member
    Bronze

Just got back with my new ATV2 . Plugged it in and it works perfect . Hope this one doesn't mess up .. Apple is awesome !

5. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Good luck... I have had a few freeze ups. But mine seems to run pretty well. I am very happy with it. Best 99 bucks I have spent in a long time.

6. lemoon

lemoon Member
    Bronze

Good luck for get an New one!
    And just enjoy the Apple TV, for more ATV tips turn to Apple TV wiki here.

7. John Tierney

John Tierney Heretic
    Bronze

I agree. How can you go wrong for $99. I was looking for a way to wiresly stream music to my HT. looked at Sonos and was floored by the price. ATV gave me that and so much more for a fraction of the cost.

8. Ltzguy

Ltzguy Zealot
    Gold

Lol, I saw atv and I thought you were talking about a fourwheeler