Help with my Apple TV 2

JaniceH

Bronze
Sep 6, 2010
I desperately need some help with my ATV2 . For the last couple of weeks every time I attempt to use it , I can't get it to play . I can scroll through everything I want to but when I select anything it just sits there doing nothing . YouTube just keeps pausing itself . Music will not play . The only way I can get it to work is to reset or restore it and set it up as new again . Not fun ! Any suggestions ? I am at my wits end .. Thanks .

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I desperately need some help with my ATV2 . For the last couple of weeks every time I attempt to use it , I can't get it to play . I can scroll through everything I want to but when I select anything it just sits there doing nothing . YouTube just keeps pausing itself . Music will not play . The only way I can get it to work is to reset or restore it and set it up as new again . Not fun ! Any suggestions ? I am at my wits end .. Thanks .
You may have a broken ATV2. The only thing I can suggest is to restore it to stock 4.4.4 via iTunes (you will need a USB cable).

The hanging/pausing could be down to your internet connection. Are you using your ATV2 connected or wirelessly?

JaniceH

Bronze
Sep 6, 2010
Thanks for the quick reply . I'm using it wirelessly but I am pretty sure it's not that . As soon as I reset and go through the set up process all works perfectly .
I will try your suggestion before I call it a dud ..

JaniceH

Bronze
Sep 6, 2010
Just got back with my new ATV2 . Plugged it in and it works perfect . Hope this one doesn't mess up .. Apple is awesome !

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Good luck... I have had a few freeze ups. But mine seems to run pretty well. I am very happy with it. Best 99 bucks I have spent in a long time.

John Tierney

Heretic
Bronze
May 1, 2011
Massachusetts
Good luck... I have had a few freeze ups. But mine seems to run pretty well. I am very happy with it. Best 99 bucks I have spent in a long time.
I agree. How can you go wrong for $99. I was looking for a way to wiresly stream music to my HT. looked at Sonos and was floored by the price. ATV gave me that and so much more for a fraction of the cost.