Help with NES

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
Ok, so I just downloaded iBrickr and it is working. Now how do I get the NES emulator onto my iPhone? I'm kinda confused...I tried a few things and they didn't work. I'm on the iBrickr screen where it has the button that says "Install Applications." I'm assuming that I click on that and then do something to get the NES emulator on the iPhone, but I'm not exactly sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Vpeach

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I got the NES emulator on my iPhone! Now I can't get the ROMs! :mad:
I'm trying to figure out Rom placement, but how were you able to install it with IBrickr? I tried a few times with it by hitting that button, but none of the NES files are .pxl.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Place the ROM files into:
\var\root\Media\ROMs\NES

The last two folders will need to be created. Here's how via iBrickr:

1. Go to files:
  2. Scroll down to var and click it (then click root, and then Media):
  3. Once in the Media folder, click Create Folder (use ROMs--case sensitive--as the folder name):
  4. Click into the newly created ROMs folder:
  5. Create another folder, this time NES. Then tap NES to go into that folder:
  6. While in the NES folder click Upload file. Navigate to a folder containing your already downloaded and unzipped ROM files, select one, then click OK:
  7. Your ROM file is now in place. Repeat for more games!

--
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

debest74

Bronze
May 4, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
I've looked around 2 see if I find an answer but i can't...at least not a clear one...
Where can I get the NES emaulators? I can se the icon on my phone but it gives me this message:

No Roms Found
No Nes ROM's were found
Please upload ROM's to
/var/root/Media/ROMs/NES

And also, where can I find a STEP BY STEP guide that helps me 2 install it once i find the games...
(I use mac)

Thank you:cool:

Naylor07

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
I've looked around 2 see if I find an answer but i can't...at least not a clear one...
Where can I get the NES emaulators? I can se the icon on my phone but it gives me this message:

No Roms Found
No Nes ROM's were found
Please upload ROM's to
/var/root/Media/ROMs/NES

And also, where can I find a STEP BY STEP guide that helps me 2 install it once i find the games...
(I use mac)

You can use iBrickr to upload roms to the folder it is telling you (var/root/Media/ROMs/NES) and then it will display your ROMs when you load the application.

EDIT, didn't see you use a mac, there is a similar program that someone will link I am sure or just do a search.

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007

No Roms Found
No Nes ROM's were found
Please upload ROM's to
/var/root/Media/ROMs/NES

(I use mac)

Here is a site that keeps coming back to the NES/Roms question. Hope this helps. I patterned my success after this article. Have fun! ;)

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/so-nice/...th-tactile-feedback-in-your-iphone-292655.php

markd3g

Jul 11, 2008
So I had NES installed and working perfectly. This morning I went on cydia and there was an update for NES so I installed it and now NES won open at all. Any ideas how I can fix it? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck so far.

Chris.Carter770

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
So I had NES installed and working perfectly. This morning I went on cydia and there was an update for NES so I installed it and now NES won open at all. Any ideas how I can fix it? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck so far.
WOW. I just updated before I read this post and BAM. No more NES. What's really good?