Help with Pandora on 3G

smithpps

Jul 15, 2008
I was not sure where to post this, so if it is in the wrong thread, I apologize. I have a 16G 3G phone and have been running Pandora on it with no issues at all. At work I have 5 bars of 3G. I can surf the net, and run apps. Starting about 1.5 weeks ago my issue began when I try to use Pandor or AOL Music, it will play for a few seconds (maybe 30) and then break off. Very very annoying. Is more reliable on Edge, although the sound quality is not as good. Called AT&T and they claim since I can surf the Web it has to be an Apply/Pandora problem. Apple claims there is nothing wrong with the app! This only happens at work, and just started to? Can anyone shed some light on this. I have upgraded to 2.1 and still the same. Thanks in advance.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
I just ran mine on 3g for about 5 minutes no problem. Keep in mind Pandora or any other app like this runs on a buffer. As a result depending on bandwith you may get some cliping or lag. The amount of 3g bars you have may not matter. You may want to try to reset your network connections. This may clear the buffer and run you smoother.

srjeffery

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
are you connected via wi-fi? i have the same problem when listening on some wi-fi networks. pandora indicated it was more likely to happen on wi-fi. i don't have the problem on 3g/Edge. They broadcast in mono on 3g/Edge, so that's why you notice the difference in sound quality.