Help with Phone function...Please

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 10, 2007
Well, I have problems when talking on phone that I either hit a number occasionally when talking and if I hide the keypad, my ear will hit the mute button....Is there anyway to 'lock' the screen when talking..This is starting to bug me.. I tried hitting the sleep/power button while on a call but it disconnected it.

thanks

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
There is a proximity sensor near the ear speaker. The screen should shut off when you put it up to your noggin to talk. Do you have some kind of case or something that could be interfering with it? If not you may have a hardware problem? Possibly try a restore before you bring it in.

Oct 10, 2007
There is a proximity sensor near the ear speaker. The screen should shut off when you put it up to your noggin to talk. Do you have some kind of case or something that could be interfering with it? If not you may have a hardware problem? Possibly try a restore before you bring it in.
Yes, I have a silicone case on it...I will take it off to try it without...

Thanks for your reply!

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
Yes, you can lock the screen while talking, just hit the sleep/awake button once quickly once the other end starts ringing. I lock mine all the time while on the phone.