Help With Photo Syncing!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sophia

Sep 19, 2007
When iTunes syncs from iPhoto '08, some of my photos come out completely black. Even some that were taken on the iPhone become black when synced back to the iPhone. Does anyone know what the problem is or at least which program has a problem?

A side question: how can you reset the filenames of the photos the camera takes to go back to IMG_0001.jpg or whatever?

Thanks!

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
When iTunes syncs from iPhoto '08, some of my photos come out completely black. Even some that were taken on the iPhone become black when synced back to the iPhone. Does anyone know what the problem is or at least which program has a problem?

A side question: how can you reset the filenames of the photos the camera takes to go back to IMG_0001.jpg or whatever?

Thanks!
This problem was reported with iPhoto '06.
"People are having trouble with pictures in iPhoto being displayed as all-black (i.e. blank).
Some users have suggested that the version of the AppleAppSupport.framework file, located at:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleAppSupport.framework/
indicates whether or not the problem will occur -- if the version of this file is 1.2, the problem will exist; if the version of this file is 1.4, the problem will not exist."

I'm not sure if the same work around exists with '08.

You'd need to restore, or at least install a new update that wipes out the camera roll, to go back to 001.

sophia

Sep 19, 2007
Thanks for the suggestion geordisjd, but I have version 1.4 of that file. Does anyone else know what it might be?