help with 'remote' app

Smokey

Bronze
Sep 17, 2008
I just downloaded the app and when I try to find my iTunes library (and yes I'm on wifi on my iPhone...but not on my computer, that's regular broadband) nothing shows up in the devices list

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I do believe you have to be on a wifi network. So if the computer isn't on wifi, iTunes won't be recognized.

Smokey

Bronze
Sep 17, 2008
frack my life lol

oakie

Bronze
Oct 18, 2008
Las Vegas
www.revtarded.com
I do believe you have to be on a wifi network. So if the computer isn't on wifi, iTunes won't be recognized.
nope. the computer doesn't have to be connected via wifi... it just has to be connected to the same network. if you have a wifi router, it can be connected via lan cable.

so in the OP's case, connect your modem to your wifi router's input, then attach the computer to one of the lan ports. this will not only put the computer within the same network, but will also allow anything connected via wifi to have direct internet access via the wwan... like your iPhone.

unless of course you have no wifi router and have the computer connected directly to a modem and your iPhone is connected via wifi to your neighbor's unsecured wwan.