help with SMS sounds

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

karllf

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
i have 1.1.1 and i'd like to replace the sms sounds that 1.1.1 gives us they are not lound or long and i never hear my new text i'd like to put something i can hear ..what is the min. i need to do ? i don't care about all the rest of the mods i just want to replace my sms sounds

Aug 24, 2007
the only option i know about is downloading ifuntastic and converting whatever sound you want for sms to a .caf file and replacing the system sound. i was able to replace a few different system sounds when using 1.0.2 and ifuntastic v3 with a louder volume and was very pleased with the results.

i downloaded ifuntastic off of iPhonealley.com and found some replacement sms sounds here at eip (just search the forums)

karllf

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
the only option i know about is downloading ifuntastic and converting whatever sound you want for sms to a .caf file and replacing the system sound. i was able to replace a few different system sounds when using 1.0.2 and ifuntastic v3 with a louder volume and was very pleased with the results.

i downloaded ifuntastic off of iPhonealley.com and found some replacement sms sounds here at eip (just search the forums)
i did it with 102 and it was nice but i now have 1.1.1 and i have not done any modding yet i need to know what i have to do .. and i have a windows laptop

Aug 24, 2007
ifuntastic v4 is now available and should work. i haven't upgraded to 1.1.1 but am most likely, i just talked with someone in another forum and they said that 1.1.1 does work with the new ifuntastic version.

karllf

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
ifuntastic v4 is now available and should work. i haven't upgraded to 1.1.1 but am most likely, i just talked with someone in another forum and they said that 1.1.1 does work with the new ifuntastic version.
do i need to jailbreak 1st ? and where do i get ifuntastic v4 and will it work in windows os

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
You need to jailbreak it, yes.

As for how to do it, you've got a few options.

1. You can use Customize (which you can install from Installer.app) and use one of the sound packs they provide (they've got some cools ones and it's easy).

2. You can use iFuntastic.

3. You can manually copy whatever wav files you want over to the iPhone. This requires you to have SSH installed or use iPHUC (SSH is much easier). You can use any wav file you just have to rename it to have a .caf extension.

karllf

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
You need to jailbreak it, yes.

As for how to do it, you've got a few options.

1. You can use Customize (which you can install from Installer.app) and use one of the sound packs they provide (they've got some cools ones and it's easy).

2. You can use iFuntastic.

3. You can manually copy whatever wav files you want over to the iPhone. This requires you to have SSH installed or use iPHUC (SSH is much easier). You can use any wav file you just have to rename it to have a .caf extension.
ok i got it out of jail and i got ifuntastic downloaded but ifuntastic is for Apple not windows and i can't open it to load on my pc