Help with swapping SIM card into iPhone from blackjack for an AT&T customer

Jul 31, 2007
*So i searched around and didn't see any walkthroughs for this but if i've missed it please direct me there.

What i'm trying to do is put my girlfriend's sim card, from a blackjack, into my 1st gen iPhone. I just upgraded to the GS and she'd like to use my old iPhone but doesn't want to get a data plan, she doesn't care about the internet and both her work and home have free wi-fi. So what i'm looking for is help on how to use her sim, block edge and still have it function like a "normal" phone. She is an AT&T customer as well, i'm hoping maybe all i have to do is jailbreak the sucker, block edge and use her sim. I doubt it's that simple though....:(

Thanks for any help!

Eninety2

Silver
Jul 22, 2008
*So i searched around and didn't see any walkthroughs for this but if i've missed it please direct me there.

What i'm trying to do is put my girlfriend's sim card, from a blackjack, into my 1st gen iPhone. I just upgraded to the GS and she'd like to use my old iPhone but doesn't want to get a data plan, she doesn't care about the internet and both her work and home have free wi-fi. So what i'm looking for is help on how to use her sim, block edge and still have it function like a "normal" phone. She is an AT&T customer as well, i'm hoping maybe all i have to do is jailbreak the sucker, block edge and use her sim. I doubt it's that simple though....:(

Thanks for any help!
last time my GF called ATT they said the V1 was the only phone you could opt out of the data plan, probably bull**** though.

just swap the sim cards. id verify by calling ATT to make sure though, they might accidentally add on the data plan.

bass_lover1

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
It's very simple actually.

Make sure that while she is still using her current Blackjack that you get ATT to disable all network connectivity, even the pay as you go data access junk.

Jailbreak and Unlock your old iPhone, put her SIM card in there, and you are ready to go.

While ATT would like to make you think that they can add the data package to your plan, they physically cannot if your IMEI numbers do not match, which they wont once you swap the phones.

Fairly simple, right? :)