help with the forums

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Go to YouTube and find your desired video. Click on it as if you are going to play it.

Between the information area and the Related Videos area is a field that says "Embed". Inside that filed is whole load of text. Copy it all and paste it here. The video will appear.

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
someone i know just started a forum at mywirelessusers.com im trying to post it there when i post that to do it doesn't put a video in it just shows that text

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
All you have to do here is post the link. No need to do the entire embed.

BTW, it's a vBulletin plugin. I'll shoot you a PM with the name.

-Chris

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Okay. Discard what I said in the above post.

When you embed a video here, you click that little round blue button in the ar above where you type your post. There you enter the URL of the video. That embeds it here.

See if there's a button on his forums similar to it. It simply embeds your link into the post you are making.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I still can't get video to imbed. All i get is a little blue -> and if you click that, it go's to "Page not found". I can't imbed a video? I'm trying to do so from my smugmug site, if that's important...
Not sure about SmugMug support, but for YouTube you simply paste the URL. You don't need to select anything on the WYSIWYG. Just past the URL and the video will appear inline.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Why was he banned?
-He almost reached 1000 post so he had have been here for awhile:eek:
You weren't around for Chris716, were you? Long story, my friend...

Anyway, basically he was a major "post whore." He went and welcomes four pages of members that had joined months ago in the Introduction forum, caused many disputes, and flamed members left and right. Just read through his posts and this thread and you'll understand.

Last edited by a moderator: