Help with the iTunes Store?

Jan 15, 2009
No matter what I try I cannot connect to the itune store. Its not my server. I have a Mac os x version 10.4.11, not if it makes a different but using Safari ver 3.2.1, firefox, opera. Every time I try to connect to itune store I get the following message: 'iTunes could not connect to the store. The host is down. Make sure your network connection is active and try again.' So can anyone please help. Thanks

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
No matter what I try I cannot connect to the itune store. Its not my server. I have a Mac os x version 10.4.11, not if it makes a different but using Safari ver 3.2.1, firefox, opera. Every time I try to connect to itune store I get the following message: 'iTunes could not connect to the store. The host is down. Make sure your network connection is active and try again.' So can anyone please help. Thanks
From Apple forum: I've found a fix. You basically just have to set up a location. Do this by going system preference -> network and then at the top you will see location. click edit and just make a new one. it's pretty random but it worked.

Jan 15, 2009
Thanks for offering to help I have ver 8 and live in the USA. Thanks

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
By the way, try updating your Mac OSX once in a while, 10.4 is too old. Go for 10.5 man.