help with unlocking iPhone

Jul 2, 2007
i have a 3g iPhone and want to give my brother my first generation iPhone. he is with t-mobile, so i need to unlock it. i just updated the phone to the 2.2v update, but now when i connect it to iTunes it wants me to activate the iPhone. i have an old sim card in the iPhone and cant get past the activation screen. even when i take the sim out, it does not let me in the phone. i downloaded all the files need to jailbreak from this site. When i try to open the quickpwn app there is the error message "application failed to initialize properly and to terminate application.

any help with this would be great!

* I found the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
i have a 3g iPhone and want to give my brother my first generation iPhone. he is with t-mobile, so i need to unlock it. i just updated the phone to the 2.2v update, but now when i connect it to iTunes it wants me to activate the iPhone. i have an old sim card in the iPhone and cant get past the actication screen. even when i take the sim out, it does not let me in the phone. i downloaded all the files need to jailbreak from this site http://www.theiPhoneblog.com/2008/1...neration-iphone-21-windows-pc-edition-part-2/. when i try to open the quickpwn app there is the error message "application faile to initialize properly and to termininate application.

any help with this would be great!

* I found the problem.
Great you fix it....but do you mind letting us know what you did to fix your problem?