Help with Video on iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MBM355

Oct 2, 2007
I'm going on a trip Friday and I need some videos on my iPhone. I have a movie in MP4 format, but when I put it on my iPhone there no picture, just sound. Any ideas why? I've never done this but I need to know ASAP. Thanks!

MBM355

Oct 2, 2007
I used handbrake and it took like 4 hours to download, takes up over 3GB, and has no picture. I need to get videos on my iPhone asap...

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I used handbrake and it took like 4 hours to download, takes up over 3GB, and has no picture. I need to get videos on my iPhone asap...

here's somethn i posted in a previous thread...this should wrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas
How do you put movies on the iPhone. I put a dvd into our new iMac and it played the dvd but I could not figure out how to load it into iTunes so it could be synched to the phone.

or you can download this program called handbrake @ handbrake.com and convert your dvd's into mp4 in there...then once you convert it, you copy it into iTunes, THEN...lol...you have to select the mp4, go to Advance and click on convert selection for ipod...and the process begins...now the process takes a while...and when i say a while, i meen A WHILE...so i hope you got some patience...and then when you go to sync, chk the video tab, chk the movie(s) you want to sync...and there it is...

Last edited by a moderator:

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
The learning curve to use some of the free programs and get them to work correctly can be time consuming. If you need movies quickly, iTunes has many choices that all work flawlessly on the iPhone.

MBM355

Oct 2, 2007
well did you follow the instructions in my post?
Yes, i'm changing it to iPod format now but its been going for a few hours and its only about a quarter done. but when it's finished, will it be less than 4GB? I thought movies were only supposed to take up 1.5-2GB.... I'm using an iBook G4 if it matters...

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Yes, i'm changing it to iPod format now but its been going for a few hours and its only about a quarter done. but when it's finished, will it be less than 4GB? I thought movies were only supposed to take up 1.5-2GB.... I'm using an iBook G4 if it matters...

oh yeah man, it should be much less than 4g...like i said the only thing is the time factor...maybe the new update will speed up the process...it doesn't matter what you use, the time factor is still pretty much the same...

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
oh yeah man, it should be much less than 4g...like i said the only thing is the time factor...maybe the new update will speed up the process...it doesn't matter what you use, the time factor is still pretty much the same...

Select the preset for iPhone in handbrake and you'll be fine. I rip DVD's all the time using the iPhone preset in handbrake, put it in iTunes and watch them on my iPhone. I've done almost every season of Family Guy and many others. It works.

MBM355

Oct 2, 2007
Select the preset for iPhone in handbrake and you'll be fine. I rip DVD's all the time using the iPhone preset in handbrake, put it in iTunes and watch them on my iPhone. I've done almost every season of Family Guy and many others. It works.
I did set the preset to iPhone. Still takes so long! But when I format it for iPod, will it be less then 4GB?

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
what do you meen by preset for iPhone in handbrake

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
In the new version of Handbrake there are presets (you have to have them show the side panel for them). They have presets for iPod, iPhone, PSP, etc and sets all the settings to rip for that device automatically.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
In the new version of Handbrake there are presets (you have to have them show the side panel for them). They have presets for iPod, iPhone, PSP, etc and sets all the settings to rip for that device automatically.

...so what does setting this preset to iPhone does?...does it make rip faster LOL....

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
oh my god dude!...you a genius man!...yo setting the preset literally cut rippn movies on iPhone cut half yo!...word!...good lkn term-

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I use DVD Shrink to rip it, and then Handbrake to convert it. I put SIN CITY on my phone as a test. LOVE IT!