Help with WiFi iTunes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

suprmn16

Oct 30, 2007
So I'm confused, I've downloaded the newest version of iTunes, but when I sync my iPhone the iTunes key doesn't appear on my phone. I don't know of anyone else who has had a similar problem with their phone, so if any of you could help me I'd greatly appreciate it, thank you.

suprmn16

Oct 30, 2007
thats what i thought i needed to do, but when i click check for updates, it won't connect to the software update server and to check my internet connection, even though i have an active connection

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Does iTunes recognize your phone? Does it tell you that there is new software available? It should prompt you to update to 1.1.1

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Quick Question while were on the subject of wifi iTunes, can you download podcasts yet?

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
And you're sure that you have the latest version of iTunes? I believe that it's 7.4.3? When you connect your phone, does iTunes recognize it? Do you see the many tabs, summary, info, photos, music, etc? What version firmware does it say you are running on your phone?

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
thats what i thought i needed to do, but when i click check for updates, it won't connect to the software update server and to check my internet connection, even though i have an active connection
I have this same problem when I am at work ... i guess my work computer has some security restrictions in place .. i can access the iTunes store but i can not access software updates .. try another computer ... hope this helps

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I have this same problem when I am at work ... i guess my work computer has some security restrictions in place .. i can access the iTunes store but i can not access software updates .. try another computer ... hope this helps
I had the same problem at work because the way the network is set up with a proxy. You have to be able to let iTunes know your proxy settings but there isn't a place in the program to enter the information. So it tries to reach the update server without going through your proxy and you get the unreachable error.
There is a program from Microsoft called the "Microsoft Firewall Client for Isa" that reads your proxy information out of your browser settings and sends it to anything attempting to reach an external site, like iTunes. I think you have to be a local admin on your computer to be able to install it anyway so might not help you but that is what I use.