Help...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 28, 2007
Ok... I am really good with iPhone and with iPods... Jaolbreaking them.

But today... was a really had day for me...

My cousin comes up to me and asks me to upgrade to 1.1.2 on his iPhone(Jailbroken, not sure about unlocked).

I tell il finish in about 30 minutes.

I start by installing Oktoprep, and then upgrading to 1.1.2.

It finishes and... it starts on the Slide for emergency screen with the connect the iTunes screen. Them I plug it in to iTunes and it makes me sign up for the data plan (My cousin doesn't want the data plan... to much money).I canceland unplug the iPhone. Then, I try to jailbreak it while its on the dialpad. It finishes and I reboot. Same screen... Then I try to do the *#301# thing to go into setting... it doesn't work...

Then I restore back to 1.1.1, and I jailbroke it and stuff... but now it won't activate and I can't call...

This has happened to me before, with my brothers iPhone, it fixed when I upgraded to 1.1.2 (He has the data plan).

So... I'm stuck with his iPhone, and I need to get it back up again... Help?

Oct 28, 2007
Ok... wait...

Im at 1.1.1 everything it working fine, but the phone isn't working... so i have to...

1. Downgrade the Baseband to the 1.1.1 one (Since, i upgraded to 1.1.2) with the BB downgrader (1.1.2) right?

2. Let it do its stuff, and then restore again to 1.1.1 (Please correct me if i am wrong)

3.Once done... just jailbreak and go on as normal?

Sorry... im not that great with iPhone stuff... im really just great with iPod touchs

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Ok... wait...

Im at 1.1.1 everything it working fine, but the phone isn't working... so i have to...

1. Downgrade the Baseband to the 1.1.1 one (Since, i upgraded to 1.1.2) with the BB downgrader (1.1.2) right?

2. Let it do its stuff, and then restore again to 1.1.1 (Please correct me if i am wrong)

3.Once done... just jailbreak and go on as normal?

Sorry... im not that great with iPhone stuff... im really just great with iPod touchs
Yes on all three. Good luck!

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
\

Ok... wait again...

Im on 1.1.1 right now... so, do i use the BB Downgrader(1.1.2) when im on 1.1.2 or when im on 1.1.1?
Yes, you would use BB Downgrader after downgrading back to 1.1.1. First, make sure your modem version is 04.02.13_G by going Settings → General → About. If it is, then you're safe to proceed with BB Downgrader.

Just follow the instructions closely on that website and you should be fine. If you mess up, just start over.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
If you are jailbreaking his phone on your PC, part of the problem is that there is no profile to "install" that will be recognized.
I recently went through this and this is what I did:
1)Had to restore 1.1.2
2)downgraded to 1.1.1. after it was done, I restored my profile. If I haddn't, the phone would have stayed in emergency mode. My profile allowed me to use the phone minus calling. I never was able to Do the #*3blahblahblah method. I'm sure it works, I was just never able to do it.
3) Jailbroke 1.1.1 and installed oktoprep
3) updated back to 1.1.2 and then ran the windows.bat
4) sync'd to get all my profile info and all media
5) installed my apps.

Oct 28, 2007
If you are jailbreaking his phone on your PC, part of the problem is that there is no profile to "install" that will be recognized.
I recently went through this and this is what I did:
1)Had to restore 1.1.2
2)downgraded to 1.1.1. after it was done, I restored my profile. If I haddn't, the phone would have stayed in emergency mode. My profile allowed me to use the phone minus calling. I never was able to Do the #*3blahblahblah method. I'm sure it works, I was just never able to do it.
3) Jailbroke 1.1.1 and installed oktoprep
3) updated back to 1.1.2 and then ran the windows.bat
4) sync'd to get all my profile info and all media
5) installed my apps.
Oh...Oh Oh!

When i restored back to 1.1.1, i was able to make a profile, so now when i upgrade i will continue on as normal...hopefully...

Oct 28, 2007
Ok... now all i need is his SIM card... (He took it because he needed a phone for the next day)

Its still on the Slide for emergency screen, is that normal when you upgrade?

Also... can i enter my brothers SIM card? Will it change anything?

Oct 28, 2007
Yes, you would use BB Downgrader after downgrading back to 1.1.1. First, make sure your modem version is 04.02.13_G by going Settings → General → About. If it is, then you're safe to proceed with BB Downgrader.

Just follow the instructions closely on that website and you should be fine. If you mess up, just start over.

Theres no BB Downgrader... Wah!

http://i.unlock.no/ doesn't have it!

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Yes I did...

Can you check if you have it?
Yep, just checked and it's listed under the "Unlocking Tools" category, called "Baseband Downgrader". If you don't see an "Unlocking Tools" category, that means you didn't add the source correctly. Try adding it again...the URL is case-sensitive, so make sure the "i" in http://i.unlock.no is lower case (the iPhone tends to automatically capitalize it).

Oct 28, 2007
Yep, just checked and it's listed under the "Unlocking Tools" category, called "Baseband Downgrader". If you don't see an "Unlocking Tools" category, that means you didn't add the source correctly. Try adding it again...the URL is case-sensitive, so make sure the "i" in http://i.unlock.no is lower case (the iPhone tends to automatically capitalize it).
I thought it was called BB Downgrade (1.1.2)? Exactly. I guess just for short.

Are you SURE this is right?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
I thought it was called BB Downgrade (1.1.2)? Exactly. I guess just for short.

Are you SURE this is right?
Hmmm..you're right...this seems to be for 1.0.2 baseband. I clicked on "more info" and it says it will downgrade the baseband to 03.14.08, which is for 1.0.2 phones. BB Downgrader for 1.1.2 was definitely there just a week ago. I'm sure there are other installer sources out there that have BB Downgrader, but I don't know any off hand. If I find out, I'll let you know.

Oct 28, 2007
Hmmm..you're right...this seems to be for 1.0.2 baseband. I clicked on "more info" and it says it will downgrade the baseband to 03.14.08, which is for 1.0.2 phones. BB Downgrader for 1.1.2 was definitely there just a week ago. I'm sure there are other installer sources out there that have BB Downgrader, but I don't know any off hand. If I find out, I'll let you know.
Thank you so much man!

Il look around to so you don't have to do all the work...