Help!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Dec 19, 2007
nyc
I was just on my iPhone talking to someone and the volume was really bad. I pressed the buttons on the side and its at max. It was still really hard to hear. What wrong with my baby?

Last edited by a moderator:

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I was just on my fone talking to someone and the volume was really bad, i pressed the buttons on the side and its at max and it was still really hard to hear. what wrong with my baby

Did you have the headphones in? It is a problem if you take the headphones out while playing. The phone thinks you are still plugged in. Just put the headphones back in then try again plug and unplug.

Dec 19, 2007
nyc
It was a good connection, and the person i was calling said he can hear me perfect, is there any other way to turn the volume up, would this have anything to do with me jailbreaking it

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
What firmware version are you using? The ear piece is pretty low volume in 1.0.2 and is better is 1.1.1 but probably best in 1.1.2. I'd recommend and update if you haven't already.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
If it's 1.1.2, that's unfortunately the best you are going to get. I know some people have reported it's still not loud enough on the earpiece so I guess it's a matter of opinion. Were you using the speakerphone because I know that is really low usually.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Simple test, call someone else and compare it to the volume on your previous call that had you worried about the volume level. More often than not, you'll discover the problem is on the other end, and not directly related to your baby.

Dec 19, 2007
nyc
Simple test, call someone else and compare it to the volume on your previous call that had you worried about the volume level. More often than not, you'll discover the problem is on the other end, and not directly related to your baby.
yeah i called a few people and its the same problem, i really cant hear them at all, i thought the sidekick was bad, but jes.. this is terrible, any one know of any solutions

Dec 19, 2007
nyc
Okay.... i feel so dumb about the whole speaker volume thing... I still have the protective cover on the fone from when i bought it, thats why i could hardly hear anthing, so instead of taking it off i just cut off the bit at the top and WOOOO the volume is amazing, just another reason to love this frickin fone

thanks guys for your help, appriciate it