helppp! ASAPP

drsfinest72

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
okay i jailbroke my iPhone 3G 2 months ago. i changed my status bar from AT&T to my nickname. the phone got slow from being jailbroken, then i restored and went back to official firmware. but it still shows my nickname on the status bar. so i want it back to factory settings because i don't want to get into problems with my phone and den Apple doesn't want to change it because they see that i jailbroked it.

okay i jailbroke my iPhone 3G 2 months ago. i changed my status bar from AT&T to my nickname. the phone got slow from being jailbroken, then i restored and went back to official firmware. but it still shows my nickname on the status bar. so i want it back to factory settings because i don't want to get into problems with my phone and den Apple doesn't want to change it because they see that i jailbroked it.
when you restore, don't restore from backup. Restore and set it up as a new phone

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
had the same problem. do as a new phone thatll fix it

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
you could set it up as a new phone, or you could rejailbreak and change the carrier back to AT&T, back up the phone and then restore and you wont have to set up as a new phone and all will be solved. that way you wont lose your info, like if you want to keep your text convos or stuff like that