Here is a question for everyone

Have you had Major issues?

• My phone is jailbroken and SWEET!

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • My phone is jailbroken and unlocked with No problems

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • My phone is stock and running smooth- the way I like it.

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • My Phone is jailbroken and crashed and/or died

• My Phone is unlocked, jailbroken and having severe problems

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My phone is unlocked, jailbroken, died, but brought back from the dead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My phone is a paper weight.

• Total voters

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
So how many of you have jailbroken and had a MAJOR problem with your iPhone or Touch?
The reason I am asking is that in my quest to locate a fix for my V1 phone with the unknown IMEI and unknown ICCID error, I found a LOT of people that were having similar problems, and nearly all of them were jailbroken, and many unlocked.
Just curious...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
...and for the record, my V1 was jailbroken till I upgraded to 2.1, and then it was stock till it died with 2.2, a month after the update came out.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
My V1 was jailbroken up until 2.2 came out. Had very few issues while jailbroken,. Now run both the V1 and 3G stock and both are good as of now (touch wood).

Have never unlocked either phone.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Mine is jailbroken and a bit laggy... No huge issues. Not sure what that gets pigeonholed with...

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Add an option for "My phone has been JB'ed in the past, but it is stock now and running fine" and I will sign up.

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
I am stock but not running smooth it lags a lot and i don't like it.
When 2.2 came out it was great now i have a lot of lag.
I want to jailbreak just not that good computers. I know i could get it jb but when the problems start i wont know how to fix them. I know i can find the answers on eic its just i cant go 30 min without my 3G. All my stuff is on my work computer and i can't download things on my work computer (quickpwn).
You should put another part to your pole "I am stock but not happy with it" thats what i would of voted for.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
For the record, since I can vote only once, I have a V1 stuck on 1.1.4 with the emergency connect to iTunes logo since it cannot connect to anything.
But my 3G is stock and has been running smoothly since I got it in October.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have promised myself..."and God", - that I'll never go jailbreaking my iPhone again. I did it with my old V1 on 1.1.1 -> 1.1.4, and I couldn't upgrade to 2.0/2.1 + it went crazy and at last there was no more display!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm jailbroken and unnecessarily unlocked on 2.2 and other than a slight lag, it's running great.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I can't answer just one of the poll questions. Here is my history:

Got 3G, ran stock for a month, Pwnage Tool came out so I jailbroke it and added some stuff but started experiencing lots of lag. Went back to stock, ran that way for 6 months, no lag, no crashes, all was great.

Started seeing reports that jailbreaking the 2.2 software was good and lag was reduced or eliminated so I just jailbroke again with QuickPwn the other day and, apart from some misbehaving Cydia apps that I was trying out and uninstalled, everything is running well and I haven't seen any lag.

So, while I probably haven't been running it jailbroken long enough to get any true results, so far everything looks good. I've installed a theme or two but not anything else. What I was impressed with is the overall QuickPwn process. I didn't lose any data, music, or previously installed apps.