here is my late pass on discovering...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tomdice

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Florida
i know, i know. i was just tired of reading everyone bitching about something with the update. you know how it goes, haha!

haha yeah you are :p
if you would have just got on the forums, read a little in the numerous 1.1.1 threads you would have know that already XD

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Now if you had jailbroken the iPhone you could have had your own SMS tones ages ago. You wouldn't have the "benefits" of 1.1.1 though. At least 1.1.1 is making some people happy. I too was tired of the icomplaining.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i'm thinking about modding my phone.. i still haven't updated to 1.1.1 but haven't modded either.. i think i'm just wasting my time not modding it lol

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
i'm thinking about modding my phone.. i still haven't updated to 1.1.1 but haven't modded either.. i think i'm just wasting my time not modding it lol
Duuuude you should tooootally mod. <---that made me think of the old Dell guy. :eek:

But seriously, modding the iPhone really is NOT that hard. Actually, it's not hard at all. If I can do it, I really think anyone can. iBrickr is extremely user friendly and almost impossible to mess up.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Duuuude you should tooootally mod. <---that made me think of the old Dell guy. :eek:

the Dell guy got fired for smoking pot, haha.
i think if Apple had a random drug test day everyone would fail.. :p

j/k..
sorta..

and i'm going to PM you youngblinks, checkit

tomdice

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Florida
i have been thinking about the mod stuff, but im scared of something disasterious happening. im happy with how everything is working right now so im all good on that front.

iPastor

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Virginia
www.myspace.com
Modding is def. the way to go. Youngblinks said it best, it is nearly impossible to mess up. iBrickr is so ez to use a 5 year old would be able to use it, lol.
I'm certainly not the "uber geek" I aspire to be but I was able to mod my phone using simple step-by-step instructions with iBrickr.

Installer is, of course, a great 3p program that allows you to be relatively free from the PC/iBrickr interface. Modding is easy and makes the iPhone significantly better than the stock package.. imho.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm certainly not the "uber geek" I aspire to be but I was able to mod my phone using simple step-by-step instructions with iBrickr.

Installer is, of course, a great 3p program that allows you to be relatively free from the PC/iBrickr interface. Modding is easy and makes the iPhone significantly better than the stock package.. imho.

I couldn't agree any more with this statement. I thought all along that I didn't want to tarnish the pristine look of the iPhone out of the box, but now that I can choose whatever I want I love it even more.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I couldn't agree any more with this statement. I thought all along that I didn't want to tarnish the pristine look of the iPhone out of the box, but now that I can choose whatever I want I love it even more.
this is the man that convinced me to mod..
i'll get on that tonight :D

iPhone8801

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
I would have still had my mods. Unfortunately, 1.1.1 came out a week after I modded it; bye bye mods.:mad:

Have fun with the mods. There's a butt load out there!:laugh2:

And like everyone said. So E Z

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
so i noticed when i added binks** to my instant messanger, that i've been calling him blinks for weeks now.. and now it seems ive got others in on this!

im so good at pranks that i do it without even noticing..

(slightly refferencing The Office where Jim pays everyone $5 to call Dwight "Dwayne" all day.. GO JIM!)