Here it is.. AIM!

Wolfmother

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
New Jersey
one of the most waited for apps is coming out (confirmed by engadget) AIM! by AOL. It looks awesome you swipe left and right for conversations and you can choose iPhone pics for your buddy icon. Its awesome.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
wonder how much it will cost... I bet $9.99 or $19.99 aol will finally make $ again

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
If instant messaging apps cost anything more than $1-2, then there wont be many apps that i will buy... Considering AIM is free on my PC anyway.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Aim is free on a jailbroken iPhone aswell.

I want something now.

Wolfmother

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
New Jersey
Probably will be expensive.. sry to say AOL is slowing fading or is almost gone as an outstanding internet businesss. All they have is their AIM and people want it.

jbarrack

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
New York
www.facebook.com
It looks like an awesome app. But I agree it will prob. cost a good amount of money. All other AIM type apps I've bought for other smartphones have been $29 and up.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
well look me up in june on aim if it is that price name is anthonyg80... might have to make a new one iPhonetony

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
I want a stable aim application right now. Mobilechat is a fine substitute but when aim comes out i'll pay for it. This is one of the programs i'm looking forward to most.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
that app looks frighteningly like MobileChat. with the swiping feature, at least.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
one of the most waited for apps is coming out (confirmed by engadget) AIM! by AOL. It looks awesome you swipe left and right for conversations and you can choose iPhone pics for your buddy icon. Its awesome.
So the true title of this thread should be "Here It Will Be.. AIM!?"

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i want a stable AIM app that will not die when we get calls.. i want it to be as reliable as the sidekick AIM app... get calls and it still stays online..

I want a stable aim application right now. Mobilechat is a fine substitute but when aim comes out i'll pay for it. This is one of the programs i'm looking forward to most.
Same here man, I hate these AIM clients they have now. Apollo and MobileChat are decent, but nothing compared to the capabilities this will probably have.

So many things I would change or do differently with Apollo and MobileChat that I wish I could develop my own apps, they would be amazing.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
right. like the ability to send an IM to a person not on your buddy list.

you know what I've done, though? I've made it so all my IMs are forwarded to my phone via txt message - and I have Tmo unlimited messages.. so that's good. and you can send new ims from AIM mobile too..

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Its funny you make the reference to Mobile Chat, because I was just thinking of the same thing with Apples demo of their photo manipulator and Real Artist thats currently available to jailbroken phones.

"Look what we did in 3 days! We totally changed all the variable names to our own for Real Artist and redubbed it Photo.app! Imagine what we could do in a week!? <Anyone got the source for MxTube?>"

I'm excited about Super Monkey Ball, so I guess there was some good in todays press event.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
Its funny you make the reference to Mobile Chat, because I was just thinking of the same thing with Apples demo of their photo manipulator and Real Artist thats currently available to jailbroken phones.

"Look what we did in 3 days! We totally changed all the variable names to our own for Real Artist and redubbed it Photo.app! Imagine what we could do in a week!? <Anyone got the source for MxTube?>"

I'm excited about Super Monkey Ball, so I guess there was some good in todays press event.
Lol... nice, 999.

thabayboy52

Bronze
Jan 27, 2008
personally i would pay the a stable aim service. ive had a sidekick for a long time and im so used to using it.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
i want a stable AIM app that will not die when we get calls.. i want it to be as reliable as the sidekick AIM app... get calls and it still stays online..
tried to send you an im on aim but your logged off