Here we go again - duplicate songs

altjx

Bronze
Oct 21, 2009
www.altonjsupport.net
I uncheck "Sync Music" and press Sync. It doesn't delete all the songs. Instead, it just does a quick sync and nothing changes. So now I have a full library on my iPhone 4s of 284 songs with 284 songs in iTunes, but yet Sync Music isn't checked.

What's up with this? Is this a bug or something? Last time, I had to go in and remove every song one by one and I'm not doing that again this time.

The ONLY thing I did this morning was delete a few songs from my iTunes library and tried to sync my iPhone again. It told me I had purchased items on my phone that wasn't in my library and if I wanted to transfer them, so I selected "Yes" assuming I didn't buy any of my songs through iTunes. After the sync, the songs I deleted from iTunes was still on my iPhone 4s. So that's when I tried to uncheck Sync Music, and the songs aren't deleting.

owieh

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
Sheffield, UK
twitter.com
Are your files ok on iTunes? I mean, are they not duplicated in there as well? If not, you could just wipe all music off your iPhone and try and sync it all back.
Go to Settings > General > Usage > Music. It's under "Storage", just let it load up the list.

I can't guarantee that this will fix it, it will delete all your music in your phone though.

altjx

Bronze
Oct 21, 2009
www.altonjsupport.net
Are your files ok on iTunes? I mean, are they not duplicated in there as well? If not, you could just wipe all music off your iPhone and try and sync it all back.
Go to Settings > General > Usage > Music. It's under "Storage", just let it load up the list.

I can't guarantee that this will fix it, it will delete all your music in your phone though.
Yeah everything is fine in iTunes. I tried deleting all the songs and syncing again; the duplicates returned. I've verified that the duplicates do NOT exist in iTunes.

After syncing again without the button checked, I finally had 58 songs on my iPhone, which were the duplicates. removed those manually and synced again, everything is back to normal. weird stuff.

thanks!