Here's my point about Ringtones...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Am I the only one who finds EXPENSIVE the iTunes ringtones maker?

I mean, there are many ways to avoid this service with others pretty much the same, but Jobs is so proud of this "cheap" service...

I'd never pay 1 CENT additional to make a custom ringtone, ship'em free and THIS would be a neat service...

Aug 9, 2007
I guess it's all how you look at it

Most Cell phone carriers offer ringtones online for around $1.99, so the price of the song in iTunes, plus making it a ringtone equals the same. Now most people have found other ways to get ringtone on their phones, and most of us have done the same for our iPhones.
Sure, it'd be great if it was free once you had bought the song from iTunes, but 95% of the music on my computer didn't come from iTunes anyway. Now personally, I feel that if I were to spend money on a music CD, I should be able to make any song on that disc into a ringtone for my personal use, and there should be a supported way to do so. However, I don't actually expect that to ever be the way it is.:cool:

wgzn

Sep 12, 2007
IMHO, the whole ringtone craze is just dumb (especially PAYING for one)!

using a song as a ringtone? how do you know when your phone is ringing as opposed to a song just playing on the radio or over the store/office speaker sys?

what happened to RINGS, BUZZERS, ALERT type things? things that you can HEAR!

you can hardly hear all these music ringtones over the din of a noisy room anyway...

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
i only have one ringtones which i did using the iTunes hack. and i always keep my phone on vibrate. so its useless to me.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Unless you want to make hundreds of ringtones, which I doubt, get over it. It's $0.99. Jeez.
^ What he said..

many people who are going to use this service are only going to do it maybe once or twice a month, if not less..so $2 isn't going to make you bankrupt. No, I'am not a Apple fanboy nor do I condone the pay for ringtones, but to label it as expensive when comparing to the price you pay for ringtones on other phones is a bit far out.

fyouhataz

Sep 12, 2007
i now about the custom ringtone but what if in your iTunes library you already have a song can u just pay 99 cents to make the ringtone.

Bboy Trick

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
NJ
Let me say first.Im not rich or anything but id rather pay 99 cent for a ringtone then try to get custom ringtones and stuff. iTunes will make it easy to dl a ringtone and sync it right to the iPhone. so id rather pay.:laugh2: