heres my situation

2white2fight

Bronze
Mar 31, 2009
925 the bay
so my mom said i could get the new iPhone but she wants my old 3g, can i still upgrade to the 3rd gen without having to pay the no contract price, or would i have to trade in my 3g for the new iPhone

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
No trade-in required, but you must be eligible for an upgrade based on how far along you are into your contract. Standard is after 18 months you're eligible, but most iPhone users seem to be eligible at the 12-month mark, possibly based on the relatively high cost of an iPhone account.

2white2fight

Bronze
Mar 31, 2009
925 the bay
No trade-in required, but you must be eligible for an upgrade based on how far along you are into your contract. Standard is after 18 months you're eligible, but most iPhone users seem to be eligible at the 12-month mark, possibly based on the relatively high cost of an iPhone account.
I got my iPhone in November so your saying I can't upgade, like what about the people who got there iPhone last month they can't upgrade to the 3rd gen?

dwella

Apr 5, 2009
Earliest you will possibly have a chance to upgrade would be maybe November. That is not for sure. You have 30 days to turn in your phone so anyone that gets a 3g 29 days before the release of the new phone can upgrade.

d

2white2fight

Bronze
Mar 31, 2009
925 the bay
Earliest you will possibly have a chance to upgrade would be maybe November. That is not for sure. You have 30 days to turn in your phone so anyone that gets a 3g 29 days before the release of the new phone can upgrade.

d
**** haha iam so mad i want the new iPhone so bad!

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I got my iPhone in November so your saying I can't upgade, like what about the people who got there iPhone last month they can't upgrade to the 3rd gen?
Nobody knows for sure. The original iPhone was not subsidized, so you could upgrade to the 3G at the subsidized price. They may do that with the 3G and the next gen iPhone, but I doubt it.

If your mom wants your 3G and she is upgrade eligible...you can use her upgrade for your line. One of my lines is eligible in August, so if they do not allow us to upgrade early at the subsidized price, I will be using that upgrade for my line.

2white2fight

Bronze
Mar 31, 2009
925 the bay
Nobody knows for sure. The original iPhone was not subsidized, so you could upgrade to the 3G at the subsidized price. They may do that with the 3G and the next gen iPhone, but I doubt it.

If your mom wants your 3G and she is upgrade eligible...you can use her upgrade for your line. One of my lines is eligible in August, so if they do not allow us to upgrade early at the subsidized price, I will be using that upgrade for my line.
oh i see thanks shutter! cause my mom hasn't upgrader her phone in a billion years